What's new

✅ SOLVED Looking to date a fire pit

Tigerdude

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2016
Messages
433
Reaction score
1,177
Golden Thread
0
Location
South louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on a fire pit near a definite civil war pit I dug last year. This one is closer to the 1830 era home home, about 50 yards away. I just started Found old bones, oyster shells, glass and dishware. Unfortunately, everything is broken so far. Any idea on age of items? IMG_2502.webpIMG_2503.webpIMG_2504.webp
 
Last edited:
The mocha ware (ceramic) dates to about the 1830's. The bottles are probably around the same age. The pontil on the bottom makes a lot of difference.
 
Upvote 0
Agree with Smokie
1820's -1830's
Your bottles are free blown wines with sheared tops and laid on ring lips or string lips.
These date prior to around the 1860's or so and that finish dates well back into the 18th century.
Looks like a great place to do more hunting.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom