What's new

Looks like I am going to make the jump

rjeffw

Full Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2017
Messages
168
Reaction score
409
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after much YouTube'ing and reading guy on the form, I think I will make the jump to the Nox 800. Love my Garrett, but I only have a week at the beach when I go, and I want to make sure every second I spend, I am hunting, and not chasing false signals. It will mostly get use here in the Mtns, which it will do fine as well. Now the fun part of getting used to a new machine!
 
Sounds good, let us know how you do at the beach!
 
Word of advice. Use the factory settings for the first few weeks. Do NOT be tempted to tweak it at first. You'll be more successful that way.
 
Word of advice. Use the factory settings for the first few weeks. Do NOT be tempted to tweak it at first. You'll be more successful that way.

Yes I have read, that the Nox has a lot of options. Many more than what I am used to with the AT Pro.
 
I enjoy reading that someone has made a buying decision on a certain detector (whichever it is) after doing their own research. All too often I see posts on social media asking "which detector should I buy?":dontknow: We all know the answer to that question, don’t we? "THE ONE THAT I BOUGHT!" :laughing7:

You’re going to enjoy the bonding process with your new toy. If you haven’t already found her, check out Relic Dirtyhands on YouTube, for her tutorials on the Equinox. Not sure if she’s completed the series, but when done, she will have around 25 videos on the Equinox, and each only about 2-3 minutes in length.

Something that really helped me, and I still use it, is having the manual downloaded in my iPhone. I’ve referred to it many times in the field when changing locations and ground conditions.

Enjoy!
 
I enjoy reading that someone has made a buying decision on a certain detector (whichever it is) after doing their own research. All too often I see posts on social media asking "which detector should I buy?":dontknow: We all know the answer to that question, don’t we? "THE ONE THAT I BOUGHT!" :laughing7:

You’re going to enjoy the bonding process with your new toy. If you haven’t already found her, check out Relic Dirtyhands on YouTube, for her tutorials on the Equinox. Not sure if she’s completed the series, but when done, she will have around 25 videos on the Equinox, and each only about 2-3 minutes in length.

Something that really helped me, and I still use it, is having the manual downloaded in my iPhone. I’ve referred to it many times in the field when changing locations and ground conditions.

Enjoy!

Will do. Just as soon as I get my CNC sold, I will be getting it, and a small 6 inch coil. From what I have watched, and read, this unit, seems like it has the power and flexibility I want.
 
Good luck on the new purchase! :occasion14:
 
Will do. Just as soon as I get my CNC sold, I will be getting it, and a small 6 inch coil. From what I have watched, and read, this unit, seems like it has the power and flexibility I want.

The six inch coil has changed my success rate immensely. You lose some depth with the smaller coil, but by lowering the recovery speed (and slowing down your swing) you can pickup that lost depth. Gigmaster did a video showing how much of a difference the recovery speed makes as relates to depth. Very eye opening!

 
The six inch coil has changed my success rate immensely. You lose some depth with the smaller coil, but by lowering the recovery speed (and slowing down your swing) you can pickup that lost depth. Gigmaster did a video showing how much of a difference the recovery speed makes as relates to depth. Very eye opening!



Will check this out when I get mine. Gotta sell my CNC first. Hopefully that happens this week.
 
Good luck with your new Nox. I picked up a 600 and love it. :icon_thumright:
 
Well sold the CNC, now to get the Nox.
 
Good luck! Take the time to learn the machine, regardless what you buy. Slowing down the whole process of detecting gets more consistent results. Slow the swing slow the pace slow the recovery. Use the standard settings at first while learning the machine. Oh and did I mention,,,,,Learn the machine!,,,,lol
Good Luck!
Stay Gold!
Opie
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom