Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This bull was strolling right down Main Street about 6 this a.m., getting the attention of the early morning joggers and particularly the early morning dog walkers. (Moose don't like dogs) He was pretty laid back though, and turned off to graze alongside the side walk. The cow was in the park across the street from us, and she was a little more skittish and might have been a problem if you walked up on her. A cautionary note, I took all this pics from inside my truck. These guys aren't anything like deer or elk, and if they feel threatened, they will come after you.

Attachments

• 6-12y.jpg
    6-12y.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 6-12yy.jpg
    6-12yy.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 6-12z.jpg
    6-12z.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 6-12zz.jpg
    6-12zz.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 50
Moose are unpredictable, that cow should have her calf by now. Then, you better not get too close.

Yeah there's a lot of calves up here now. I wondered about that, cause I first spotted her about a block away from where I took the pic, and she actually was acting like she was looking for something. If it was a calf, hope she found it cause if not she will be a problem here in town. Then again, maybe she was just tryin to avoid Mr. Bull Moose a couple of blocks away, haha!

I was hiking up on a trail in Grand lake and all of sudden a mama raised her head up from some willows, then I saw the calf she had. She watch me as I started to walk slowly backwards. I didn't turn my back on her until she went back to grazing again, thinking I just might have to climb a tree if she decided I need die. I saw a moose maybe 3 month ago along the peak to peak highway, but it moved back in the forest when I turned around to try and get a picture of it. Joggers have been killed by them, because they don't slow down and keep jogging right on by the moose and you never I wanna approach them with your iphone for a close up. They are indeed dangerous.

I am more on the alert with a moose than I am with a bear.

Cool pictures & great Title .

Wise man say "Never Goose Loose Moose":laughing7:

Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

Unique photo op. I would not have known they were dangerous had you not shared. Thanks. Great pics!

Awesome pics he looks starving

I remember driving near the Grand Canyon when Bullwinkle crossed the road I thought it was a Dinasour

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back