What's new

lost a dump bank today due to a local crher

solariscool

Full Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2007
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
lost a dump bank today due to a local crh'er

The manager at one of my coin counting banks told me today I can use the machine no more. New policy due to a local crh'er, who was walking in with 10k in dumps at a time. The machine has taken some serious wear and tear and runs like hell now. Cant say I blame them, but as a member they dont want my coin business now at that branch.

I wonder if we have a student at a christian university and his dad lurking on this forum. If there is it would be great if you could figure out a way to dump without pissing off all the banks with free counters in green country. Have a good skunk :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
Re: lost a dump bank today due to a local crh'er jerk

sounds familiar.... where are you located?
 
Re: lost a dump bank today due to a local crh'er jerk

Green Country
 
Re: lost a dump bank today due to a local crh'er

10K per dump!!?? No wonder the bank is mad. I wonder if the bank would have to fill out the 10K cash reporting IRS form if someone brings in that amount of coin instead of currency?

I went to one of my dump banks today and cashed in less than $600 in halves and got the usual snotty looks from some of the tellers. I am overly nice and they still act like I am asking alot of them.

I think in general it is only a matter of time before the banks put a stop to the way things have been so far for CRHs.

Jim
 
Re: lost a dump bank today due to a local crh'er

Sorry to hear that SC. That is alot at one time unless you have something set up with the bank to handle the volume. Do you have other dump options?

I mentioned this story a while back so I won't go through it all again, but I got pulled into the bank managers office a couple of months ago because I use their coin counter. They considered me a commercial account due to the volume. To make a long story short......they purchased a scale for me and provide bags to put my coins in.........they made dumping a dream for me.
 
Re: lost a dump bank today due to a local crh'er

That sux SC , it only takes one to screw up a good thing ... bummer hope that you have some other places to take yor dumps.
 
Re: lost a dump bank today due to a local crh'er

Yep 10k per dump, thats what the teller tells me. I've happened to run into his supply and dump banks. I am lucky that this bank has about 8 local locations with counters, I just hope the policy doesn't change all over town because of this guy. If it does I may contact corporate. For now I am going to re-roll most of my coins. One option is I can just deposit the coins at one bank I use and they post to my account in 3 to 5 days. I think that will be my easiest option but I need to wait til next month to have enough cash to make that work for me. The scale option would be great but I dont get the feeling my bankers would be willing to get one for me. Oh well, they aren't going to slow me down.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom