lost earring found with eyes detector no worky for some reason

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Ok I know it was a long title but I had to fit it in. Anyway I found my wifes diamond earring over the weekend. For some reason the detector wouldn't pick it up. I'm using a Spectrum XLT. She had the other earring so I scanned it in to see what numbers to look for and I got nothing. So I tried to accept it and I got nothing. i used all programs from coins to prospecting. Prospecting worked but it didn't give me numbers just a tone. I even went it and rejected everything from +35 up and accepted -35 up to +35. Still nothing. Luckily my wife never moved from the spot she lost it in. So while i was playing around with my mchine she found it. So i guess we didn't find anything she found it. So now I'm thinking how many earrings have a past over. i know there small but dang I have found some small pieces of tin and stuff so my detector should of picked it up YES?

Glad the earring is home. Must has cost a few bucks get down and look for it. I have no idea why your machine would not pick it up.

Laater..

Glad you found the earring. I had to check out this post since you said worky. I spend a bit of time in the far east so that working caught my attention.

Congrats on finding it,

Rev

I guess it depends on how much metal is in the make-up of the earring. Gold rings come in low in tone and ID. How big was the earring as compared to a ring? I mean in metal composition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back