Gator-Flea
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Oct 14, 2007
- Messages
- 2,031
- Reaction score
- 14
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Where the grass is blue
- Detector(s) used
- Bounty Hunter
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I herd this story some time back. Some time in the mid 1800's the bank was robed in Morehead by three men. There was a shoot-out as they left the bank killing one of the robbers. The other two hide out in in the woods in a place now called Sharkey. They were later killed by a possey, but the money [$200,000 in gold] was never found. I all so remember something about a Bull Fork Road. Has anyone else heard this story.
Gator
Gator
I don't know anything about that but on a related note. I live in Russell county, and my grandpa had always told a story that my dad remembers that sometime in the 1800's that supposedly "Jesse James",or maybe someone else connected to him, had robbed a bank and afterwards had stopped to camp close to where my grandpa's farm and buried the 100,000 in gold and silver somewhere close to my grandpa's farm. Apparently during the night they were "spooked" and had to leave before they could retrieve the "loot". This is supposed to be in the Webb's Crossroads area of Russell County,Kentucky. Does anyone know anything about this? Also there is supposed to have been an old General Store on the property that burned down in the 1800's,does someone know how I would go about finding out the exact location of the store on the property,because I now own the farmland. Any help would be worth so much to me. Thank you so much!!!!! 






