Lots Of Great Talent On This Forum..."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????"

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Lots Of Great Talent On This Forum..."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????"

It's always nice to hear about you, other then you swing an ACE, AT Pro, water machine , gold machine etc. Sometimes what you do or did for a living can be a real asset to some issues on the forum. And, it would just be interesting to see the broad spectrum of careers which may have triggered a desire to metal detect. :icon_sunny:

Attachments

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 2,094
OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Re: Lots Of Great Talent On This Forum..."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????

A RN Specializing With Hip & Knee Replacement Rehab Therapy......

Been an RN for about 19 years. Prior to that I flew hot air balloons for a living for about 5 years, prior to that property management and prior to that an environmental education to hopefully become a conservation officer for wildlife protection, but as is sometimes the case, things don't always turn out as planned. I have a lovely (only) wife of 23 years marriage, 4 kids and 2 wild cats living under our patio.

Life's been good!

Attachments

• balloons.jpg
    balloons.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 2,106

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Lots Of Great Talent On This Forum..."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????"

Well i sold Real Estate ..Then sold Autos......... Then went into tractor trailer driveing and retired in 1998 from Road Way Express......... I have been detecting since 1980..

Attachments

• rw_41163_white.jpg
    rw_41163_white.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 2,059

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was a Police Sergeant for almost 22 years, then took over the management of Code Enforcement for the City of Tulsa, Oklahoma for another ten years. Now I am retired and don't do anything I don't want to! But I have found some things I can't do anymore so it evens out. :wink: Monty

synthnut

Mar 8, 2010
Nyack NY

I've done oil exploration in the past , I belong to the Plumbers Union #1 in NYC, and have played as a professional Musician .......I'm married to my 2nd wife and have one son ....Jim

phs3194

Apr 11, 2009
Kinmundy, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, Garrett GTI2500, GTA 500 Ultra, Garrett Propointer

I am the Director of Materials Management at the local hospital. I have worked there for 38 years. Started detecting in the mid 70's with a Garrett Groundhog. That was the only detector I have ever had that paid for itself.
Charles

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I have tried a little of this and a little of that!!!

Dish washer
dog washer (poodles bite!!!)
US Army
Roof remover(( falling off or thru roofs hurts )) 1 Broken coloer bone!!!
construction slave!!!
Warehouse shipper packager
Electronice manufacturing Hewlett Packard Printer manufacturing test and repair departments and Quality control!!!
Electronice manufacturing Agilent Technologies test and repair departments and Quality control!!!

Then the Change Of life
the electronic industry sent production overseas and I was jobless

Decided to look at My experience and decided I like fixing things and using other experiences went into Apartment Maintenance and Enjoy almost every day of work!!! Chug

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

used to be firefighter, but now i just drive the truck, point and tell. I'm a pyro technician. My helpers and me shoot professional fireworks during week of july 4th. I'm an independent contractor for Pyro Shows, the company that shoots Washington, DC,-- Nashville, Tn and many other sites over the southeast...And also run a lawn maintenance/pressure-washing business during summer months. Oh, and almost forgot, seasonal firefighter with Tenn. Div. of Forestry.

That's why i don't get to detect very much

MonDak

Jan 5, 2006

Heavy Equip. partsman in ND,MT,CA, and ID.
Purchasing agent, Deadhorse AK.
Heavy haul truck driver MT.
Now retired.

TURNMASTER

Oct 13, 2009
Spokane WA
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705, Explorer SE, & At Pro

CNC and Conventional machinist since 1985

Jeff

captn cupcake

Apr 10, 2005
minnesota
Detector(s) used
ace 250

paperboy,bus boy,bartender,grocer, custom window maker,breadman and now a beer delivery guy.

Must811

Feb 20, 2006
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Specialty Chemical R&D (polymers, reactive surfactants), and now biotech sales......

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030

drove forklift for a few years, then did construction for 11 yrs, got my CDL and worked for a company that installs guiderail and was injured in 1999, had 5 or 6 back surgeries over the past 10 yrs. so i'm a stay at home dad with a 8 yr. old daughter while the wife works.

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Did 9 years in the USMC got tired of getting shot at so I got out. Now I run a Winery & Vineyard. I get paid to drink. :headbang:

roundhat

Oct 22, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030

Marine for 6.5 yrs., Ky state trooper for 5.5 yrs, and now an Illinois state trooper for almost 7 yrs.

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250

i worked odd jobs as a young fella turned 21 2days later became a bouncer for 6 years met lots of famous and infamous people did concrette stauary 12 years worked at a couple of sawmills a moving company and turned a wholesale glove company onto the 3rd biggest biker leather shop in in the 3 state area and in 2007 he ripped me off for 2,000.00 dollars of payroll so i went shopping after work one day then had a near fatal wreck in 07 broke neck at c-2 and other cuts bruises lacerations and bumps then 4 blood clots 2 in left leg and 1 in each lung released to go to work in june of 08 no luck mr mom for the last 2 years

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I grew up in Northern Illinois. In 1976 decided to Enlist in the US Navy. Liked it so much retired in 2007. Traveled everywhere. did some old metal detecting back in 1987, while stationed in Washington state. Kind of lost interest in Metal Detecting, due mainly of being away and on the open sea. Traveled the world visited so many countries if I mentioned one then I would get all melancholy and this thread would go on forever. :'( While in Japan 2001-2007, I got the bug back to metal detect again. :icon_thumleft: Here I am today, retired from the Military :hello2: but working again for the government. Have really moved towards prospecting for gold. Not for the money (if you can believe that), just the thoughts of being the first person to hold a piece of gold from this beautiful world we live in.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well I worked for the Newspaper (Galveston Daily News, and Texas City Sun) for 21 years as a Mailroom Supervisor, also did Press work, and some Graphic Art work for them...Then 12 years ago, I started Being "Hank Hill" I sell Propane, and Outdoor Cooking Equipment, Crawfish Cookers, and just about any kind of Burners, and Smokers..Am A store Manager...Got my first detector in 1973, or 74..It was a kit, and could find a Car at about 2 inches....Also am a Ham Radio operator, and coin collector....

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Lots Of Great Talent On This Forum..."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????

John-Edmonton said:
A RN Specializing With Hip & Knee Replacement Rehab Therapy......

Been an RN for about 19 years. Prior to that I flew hot air balloons for a living for about 5 years, prior to that property management and prior to that an environmental education to hopefully become a conservation officer for wildlife protection, but as is sometimes the case, things don't always turn out as planned. I have a lovely (only) wife of 23 years marriage, 4 kids and 2 wild cats living under our patio.

Life's been good!

John, I crew for the Propane Associations Hot Air Balloon Every year at the Ballunar Festival at Nasa, We also supply Propane for most of the Teams...Lots of fun.....

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i aint good at nothin. My wife uses an ace 100 i use a gtax 550 and she out finds me all the time. OK i worked for ATT wireless and that was fun. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread