What's new

Lots Of Shells

quaidmon

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
92
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
This is a fossil I found when I was a kid (Boy that was a fast 35 years). It is about 5x6.5 inches and has hundreds of shells on it. My friend dropped it and I found that the shells are all through it.
 

Attachments

  • SDC10805.webp
    SDC10805.webp
    92.3 KB · Views: 350
WOW!!! Boy, a lot of little boogers sure died right there didn't they? Been Great if you could have found more of the same rock.
 
Yup, seen those quite a bit.

If you can make it down to Florida, there are a few places still open to the public to collect fossil shells. They find a lot of them while mining for phosphate, such as Cargill.

Sometimes you're better off attending a field trip thru a shell show or club, where you get a guide to take you to the good spots.

I went to four different spots, and some were so loaded with shells that are extinct now, you could fill a 5 gallon bucket up in two minutes. One of these days I'll take some out and post some pics.
 
Nice one

Fossis...............
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom