What's new

Lots of wheats but no silver coins but did score silver ring #5

toasted

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
3,452
Reaction score
14,368
Golden Thread
5
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been spending more time behind a school still in use but built in the 40's. The front of the school yielded tons of clad, wheats and 8 silvers in the spring but has not produced lately. The back has given up plenty of clad and wheats but no silver coins. I did manage to score more wheats, a Dutch? Coin and a nice signet ring marked sterling today. I also thought the band was broken but appears to be made that way. No wonder it was lost. A lot more ground to cover so I'll be busy for a while
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    399.6 KB · Views: 97
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    223 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 12
You would think I could load pics right side up once in a while. Sorry
 
Congrats on getting out and dirt fishing. :occasion14: Love the ring, and as long as you pull a wheat, it's not a skunk when it comes to coins.
 
Those coins look great, if you stand on your head. (Just picking) sounds like a good place. Silver will soon follow
 
TOASTED THE RING IS A COOL FIND . BUT IS THAT A G ON THE FACE????
 
That is a beautiful old silver ring, I would guess late 1800's to 1930's. A very special find.
 
Close up of ring
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    276.1 KB · Views: 78
Nice old ring.
 
That is a beautiful old silver ring, I would guess late 1800's to 1930's. A very special find.

I figured it was pretty old being that it was marked sterling instead of 925. Oddly it was only a few inches down so recent drop or it just didn't settle like the wheats had
 
I have a ring just like that with a M on it. I've started a list with my wheats. I'm trying to get all the years of wheats.
 
that ring is amazing!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom