pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's pretty amazing that a 20 year old detector can work SO well! I've had plenty of expensive electronics only last a couple years before becoming junk, but these old Tesoros sure are built to last..!

I hadn't been able to get out detecting for over 2 weeks now. Family from South Carolina is here on vacation staying with us and they're not too keen on digging. So, we dropped 'em off at Disneyland yesterday morning (!) then my wife and I headed for the hills, to a camp area that's been used for recreatin' since the 1880's. Took one of my favorite Tesoros, too.. Found a fair bit of clad, an old USN belt buckle, junk ring, lots of tabs & melted aluminum...and this really nice 1912-D nickel!

IMG_0852.JPG

I wish all products I buy were as well made as these old Tesoros. :sunny:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Arizona Proud, Arizona Tough! :headbang:

Attachments

• Geek6.jpg
    Geek6.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 97
  • geek1.jpg
    geek1.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 88

Pacific_Searcher

Sep 30, 2016
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You Tesoro guys just about have me sold about to pull the trigger on a sand shark.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro. Life time warrenty. Gotta be a reason Tesoro can offer this. One of life's no brainers.

dgerst

Dec 9, 2008
SW Kansas
Detector(s) used
Multi Kruzer, Teknetics Patriot, Bandido II μMax, Tejon, Deeptech Vista Warrior, Treasure Baron Cointrax 2.2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a Bandido II Micromax recently. My first Tesoro and I really like it. With a Clean Sweep I can cover the first 6" of a park or field faster than anything I've ever used. Switch to a brown doughnut and it's a relic machine that'll keep up with pretty much anything. Sounds are distinct and easy to learn. Only rarely do I thumb the disc knob. I've bought/sold/traded quite a few machines over the past 30 years. This one's a keeper.

OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like pretty much all of my Tesoros, but as quite a few other folks have also said, the B2μMAX is one of the best they've ever made. It's a "cult classic" for good reason.

dgerst

Dec 9, 2008
SW Kansas
Detector(s) used
Multi Kruzer, Teknetics Patriot, Bandido II μMax, Tejon, Deeptech Vista Warrior, Treasure Baron Cointrax 2.2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing i really like is since I'm already backing up that 3x18 coil to pinpoint, if the signal flutters at all instead of disappearing cleanly, the target is not round. I still get fooled occasionally but not very often.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMO - any of the older micro max Tesoros are still plenty of detector assuming they work as new. I've got a bunch, all bought used and they still fiind plenty of targets and are truly fun to swing.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread