Low tide hunt in the trough NJ Gold, Platinum, Diamonds.

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got out for low tide late today met up with Jan the we found Mike working in the trough. We jumped right in to get those pesty Gold, Platinum and Diamonds out. This way no one would cut there feet.
Mike was the first to strike with a nice large gold band. Jan picked up a very nice ladies watch with what looked like diamonds around the face. I found what looked like a SS ring but I cleaned the gunk off with a tooth brush and it looks good could it be platinum? No Markings. I hope to get those guy pictures to post soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0163.JPG
    IMG_0163.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 550
Upvote 0

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
If you are referring to the silver looking spinner ring in the bottom of the photo, Look like it might be stainless steel. Try a magnet on it. SS is very slightly magnetic. Looks like you had fun...

OP
OP
Buried Crap NJ

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
petersra said:
If you are referring to the silver looking spinner ring in the bottom of the photo, Look like it might be stainless steel. Try a magnet on it. SS is very slightly magnetic. Looks like you had fun...
Good call! After a overnight soaking the ring is going to the junk side of the pouch.The outer band separated from the inner band making it a spinner ring. My first. So I am guessing its SS
BOO HOO
Also the watch while very nice turned out not to be real diamonds, but was still a very nice find.
The other guys Gold band was gold and he scored a solitare ring later on after we left.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread