What's new

Lump of rust opened up, help!!!

CeeBee y

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 26, 2018
Messages
2
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tees Valley
Primary Interest:
Other
Could anybody possibly id this?

It was a huge chunk of rust found at Saltburn, a few taps revealed this little beauty inside. Extremely fragile but very decorated, appears to be a bell but the bottom is squared & anged as opposed to round.

Many thanks in advance.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20180826_191845.webp
    IMG_20180826_191845.webp
    258 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_20180826_191819.webp
    IMG_20180826_191819.webp
    241.2 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20180826_191800.webp
    IMG_20180826_191800.webp
    238.8 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20180826_191742.webp
    IMG_20180826_191742.webp
    216.1 KB · Views: 123
I honestly don't know, my best guess would be a base to a highly ornate iron pole. Good luck with the i.d.! Ddf.
 
Upvote 0
Might be part of a gas light chandelier?
 
Upvote 0
That's A tough one. Maybe one side of a fence gate. Or base of a bird watering dish. Just guessing.
 
Upvote 0
As mentioned earlier this could be part of an early light pole (public space /sidewalk) or an ornamental fence /gate - etc.
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to tnet from Niagara Falls. Nice find. Yes looks like an old ornate decorative lamp post base. Congrats
 
Upvote 0
Cool find, hope it cleans up for display! :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Most definitely a base for something :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard CeeBee y! Take a look at Sub-Forums: England for information directly related to your country.
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from Today's Finds! over to Forum: What Is It? for more exposure.
 
Upvote 0
I’m thinking lamp base
 
Upvote 0
I'm thinking a ceiling mount for a light fixture similar to these..
images 0909.webp 9abe6421311b4a10dcffad1d68771d1e.webp
 
Upvote 0
When I first looked at it I thought... Kid's school volcano experiment..

But I would have to go along with base to a garden planter or bird bath.
 
Upvote 0
Old Coat Rack maybe?IMG_1409.webpIMG_1411.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1410.webp
    IMG_1410.webp
    50.8 KB · Views: 58
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom