What's new

Lunch time quick hunt

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,457
Reaction score
10,845
Golden Thread
0
Found some brass square nails and this button or fastener . Still trying to get back into the "swing" of things since my trip.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6885.webp
    IMG_6885.webp
    629.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_6886.webp
    IMG_6886.webp
    572.9 KB · Views: 38
Upvote 10
Now is as good as time as any.

In 1962, I built my first detector, a BFO operating near 455 kHz (kilocycles per second back then) because the parts for that frequency were redly available. Remember, 455 kHz, was one of the IF frequencies in the Armstrong-designed super heterodyne receivers of the day. The first area I searched was the northeast corner of my property which had been a bus stop many years before. First silver (obviously) and one of those was a 194e half dollar. I still have that coin!
 
Are those sq cut nails worth anything ? I found a bucket fu;; of them years back and put them into my garage & someone nailed them from me !
 
Are those sq cut nails worth anything ? I found a bucket fu;; of them years back and put them into my garage & someone nailed them from me !
They might be . I've gotten so many from certain sites I probably got about 20 or so
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom