What's new

MA/VT/NH Panning

dvdtharaldson

Full Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
246
Reaction score
178
Golden Thread
0
Location
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi ,

This is the first time I have posted on this website. I live in Western MA and am planning a trip during the last few days of September to Vermont to try my luck panning. I was going to try Buffalo Brook and Five Corners in the Bridgewater area. Does anybody know how far down you ordinarily have to dig to hit black sands in those areas? Any comments on whether you have to dig deep or just stay on the surface? I was thinking Irene probably deposited alot of flood gold on the surface. Does anybody know if some of the small brooks high up in the mts. north of Bridgewater contain gold? All I ever hear is Buffalo Brook and Five Corners. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. As you probably could tell I am new to panning for gold.

Thanks,

David
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello to everybody who enjoyed my thread over the years, I haven't been around for quite some time due to a lack of ability to pan for any length of time. I occasionally get out but not very often. It was fun to revisit my thread though. If anybody wants to chime in I would appreciate hearing your stories. Happy trails and full pans.

David
 
I also haven't been on the thread in a long time and due to health reasons I am unable to get out to good areas. But I did buy some concentrate and a 12v pump and trying to set up a backyard sluice. Hopefully in the next week or two.
Here is what I had before




 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom