All Treasure Hunting
Sure & not from Paul's umbrella either...lol

Upvote 0

dozer dan

Jan 14, 2008
PNW
Primary Interest:
Other
The notches being unevenly spaced on the ring makes me think it’s a bicycle spoke wrench.

Upvote 0

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can relate to that! A few years ago our local historical group was having fundraiser to get a small place to exhibit their collection, both Native American and Colonial. A young Archy from the local school came and spoke. The only thing that I learned from that talk was that boy's daddy waisted a lot of money sending him to school!!

Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recognized it immediately.

But, of course, my opinion doesn't count because I have a Business degree... (Insert eyes rolling here)
I've not met an Archie yet even with 30 plus years in the trenches that has a pinch on a passionate detectorist, when it comes to IDs.

Upvote 0

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In October 1971, the Roman Fort Museum in County Durham in England had on display what was described as a “Roman sestertius coin, minted in Rome between AD 135 and AD 138.”

Fiona Gordon (aged 9), visiting the museum, pointed out that it was in fact a replica. It was part of a collectible set given in exchange for bottle labels by a soft drinks manufacturer. When challenged to provide evidence, she said: “I knew because the firm’s trademark was printed on the back.”

A somewhat embarrassed spokesman for the museum later confirmed: “The token was designed as a Roman replica. The trouble was that we construed the letter ‘R’ on the coin to mean ‘Roma’. In fact it stood for ‘Robinsons’, the soft drink manufacturers.”

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In October 1971, the Roman Fort Museum in County Durham in England had on display what was described as a “Roman sestertius coin, minted in Rome between AD 135 and AD 138.”

Fiona Gordon (aged 9), visiting the museum, pointed out that it was in fact a replica. It was part of a collectible set given in exchange for bottle labels by a soft drinks manufacturer. When challenged to provide evidence, she said: “I knew because the firm’s trademark was printed on the back.”

A somewhat embarrassed spokesman for the museum later confirmed: “The token was designed as a Roman replica. The trouble was that we construed the letter ‘R’ on the coin to mean ‘Roma’. In fact it stood for ‘Robinsons’, the soft drink manufacturers.”
Yeap, I know a few re-enactors of various types, but I knew a Viking gang that laughed at an Archie who found a Viking Pendant & got very excited & they offered to sell him another 10.

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"One if by land,
And two if by sea.

And I, 'neath my bumbershoot,
Shall be"

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread