What's new

Made room in my safe yesterday.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
1,984
Reaction score
483
Golden Thread
0
Location
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turned in all of my 40% yesterday. I was able to score an 1886-s Liberty 5.00 Gold piece, 1888-P Morgan Vam 11A (Vampire Teeth) and a 1883-CC Morgan slabbed by NGC in AU condition. Also got five more 1oz Silver Buffalo/Indian rounds.

I now have room for more 90% :hello2:
 
Upvote 0
Nice! Love the old gold. Post some pics if you get a chance. A nice indian $5 gold is on my want list and I will probably use my AG to get it here one day.
 
I agree, why have a big pile of 40'ers, when you can trade them for something that will retain or increase in value.
 
FreedomUIC said:
legend76 said:
A good reason to keep 40%ers? You can trade in small quantities. I'm thinking about selling my gold and buying junk silver.......

http://goldsilver.com/news/newsID/8...BzvIZdVi/6HIcAgAABAAAAGV6fgAgHAAAdQAAAHzCEAA=

I didn't buy JUST gold, I purchased a very collectible coin which happens to made from gold.

I understand that. I have some 1886-S half eagles myself and some MS-61 & 62 eagles and double eagles, but don't like the fact of doing a 1099 if I ever trade or sell. Did you read the article I posted?

HH,
Legend.
 
CHAINCHOMP said:
nice job! how many 40%ers did u have???
keep it up and hh!

I turned in eight rolls.

In response to the 1099, I did read the article, however with that said I am creating a retirement for me and the missus so I am looking at the increase in value as justification for a 1099. With that said, I am also keeping all receipts to show proof of what I paid. That will decrease the net taxable amount substantially.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom