What's new

"Magical" Fisher F2

YumaMarc

Sr. Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Messages
493
Reaction score
667
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I lent my F2 to a family friend to take along when he goes to visit his girlfriend's family in Olancho. Well, no one there had ever seen one, and few had even heard of such a thing. All were skeptical that it could find things in the ground, so when Marlon took it out on their property he had several followers. The ground in Honduras, especially the older pueblos, roads, house sites, etc., is simply bursting with coins, mostly fairly modern and generally worthless, but coins nevertheless.

Within less than an hour Marlon had about a double-handful of coins. Everyone was ASTOUNDED! The whole family gathered around to see this miracle. A couple old ladies thought it was some magical witchcraft, the kids thought coins were growing in the dirt. None could imagine money in the ground! Now there are a few more people in the world who look on this hobby in a much more favorable light.

He is going today to the Rio Juticalpa to see if the little 4" coil can find a nugget. Marlon isn't very experienced, but he has learned very fast. Wish I could have gone with him, but other things were more pressing. I've seen nuggets the size of thumbnails come out of that river, so I wish him luck!
 
It will take them several years to save up for one...at lest they don't no a bout false signal yet...
I hope you showed them how to fill in their holes...

liftloop
 
It will take them several years to save up for one...at lest they don't no a bout false signal yet... I hope you showed them how to fill in their holes... liftloop

You're right, but in the meantime they can use mine. That's what I bought it for. And filling holes was the FIRST thing I taught Marlon, and he's passing it on to the the others.
 
what about asking for permission and the no trespassing laws
 
what about asking for permission and the no trespassing laws

Things are a lot different here. NO ONE would go onto some else's property without permission, and "no trespassing" is enforced with a machete or a rifle. People know that, and respect that. Unless you are known to the property owners, or are introduced by someone trusted, you WILL NOT get to detect that property. Government land is another story, and there's a lot of that.
 
I just hope you didn't start some thing over their..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom