What's new

Magnet strengths

The dock where I usually go is made of aluminum so it isnt magnetic, I always test areas with the small magnet anyways before I will use the big one...just to check what type of terrain is underneath the water (trees stumps etc(
 
ive paid several hundred for a good n52 neodymium mag ..but word of warning they are angry i have 2 -250 pound a caged 300 pound 2 500 pounders and 1- 800 but that 300 if it ever clicked flat on a good target it takes 2 people to remove it .. but found some cool stuff
 
Head the warnings folks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Less than three minutes of unboxing my new 400 lb----I was bleeding.Got it to close to a tool on my bench and the tool jumped onto the magnet in a flash, catching,clamping,smashing,pinching,etc., my hand between the thumb and trigger finger.Damn that hurt. Be very careful handling these things.
Also,I would suggest sticking to a magnet in the 250 to 400 lb range,if you are not going after the BIG stuff.My 255 lb can lift 2" x 6' pipe but was not able to lift a 3 1/2-4" x 8' pipe.However, after many disconnects,I did manage to drag it into shallow water.
Happy magnet angling.
 
Head the warnings folks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Less than three minutes of unboxing my new 400 lb----I was bleeding.Got it to close to a tool on my bench and the tool jumped onto the magnet in a flash, catching,clamping,smashing,pinching,etc., my hand between the thumb and trigger finger.Damn that hurt. Be very careful handling these things.
Also,I would suggest sticking to a magnet in the 250 to 400 lb range,if you are not going after the BIG stuff.My 255 lb can lift 2" x 6' pipe but was not able to lift a 3 1/2-4" x 8' pipe.However, after many disconnects,I did manage to drag it into shallow water.
Happy magnet angling.

I wade creeks and have one in each hand on a stick. If one magnet won't shake it loose the other together will. Yes be safe they are dangerous.
 
Last edited:
Guy here gets a 1000 stuck
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom