What's new

maine dagger??

goldbill

Full Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
161
Reaction score
87
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
whites v3 deus v4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have any ideas on this. It doesn't make sense to have a midevil dagger in the woods of Maine. we are thinking some sort of ceremonial thing maybe. this was not my find . a friend Indian Kirk asked me to post it here . He has dial up!! I was hoping the handle was silver but I'm thinking pewter
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0040.webp
    DSCF0040.webp
    102.7 KB · Views: 319
  • DSCF0042.webp
    DSCF0042.webp
    121.4 KB · Views: 315
  • DSCF0043.webp
    DSCF0043.webp
    69.3 KB · Views: 315
  • DSCF0044.webp
    DSCF0044.webp
    97.9 KB · Views: 310
No need to apologize too much. Looks pretty darn cool to me. Can't begin to speculate, though. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Nice find ! I'm guessing it's fancy handled bread knife 1880's-1910 :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
It is pretty embellished, but I don't see Victorian, or American for that matter. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
"Modern" and "Fantasy."

If I was psychic, I would say Wiccans romping in the cornfield.
16.gif


::)
 
Upvote 0
It's either a bread knife as stated or a carving knife. Don't know the age, just have seen some similar. Monty
 
Upvote 0
I was thinking maybe a fancy letter opener but it looks a little large for that...??
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom