Makro Pinpointer Warrant Card

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there some thing that I need to fill out and send in to make my warrant valid or does the bill of sale that came with it take care of it. Thank you

There was that exact issue with the Chinese X pointer but after a big hassle and a couple months they finally issued formal warranty with a readable printed warranty. Check with the company and see what their plans are on this matter.

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Always, always, always keep your proof of purchase. It actually is the only real warranty card you have.

CFR › Title 16 › Chapter I › Subchapter G › Part 700 › Section 700.7

16 CFR 700.7 - Use of warranty registration cards.

§ 700.7 Use of warranty registration cards.

(a) Under section 104(b)(1) of the Act a warrantor offering a full warranty may not impose on consumers any duty other than notification of a defect as a condition of securing remedy of the defect or malfunction, unless such additional duty can be demonstrated by the warrantor to be reasonable. Warrantors have in the past stipulated the return of a “warranty registration” or similar card. By “warranty registration card” the Commission means a card which must be returned by the consumer shortly after purchase of the product and which is stipulated or implied in the warranty to be a condition precedent to warranty coverage and performance.

(b) A requirement that the consumer return a warranty registration card or a similar notice as a condition of performance under a full warranty is an unreasonable duty. Thus, a provision such as, “This warranty is void unless the warranty registration card is returned to the warrantor” is not permissible in a full warranty, nor is it permissible to imply such a condition in a full warranty.

(c) This does not prohibit the use of such registration cards where a warrantor suggests use of the card as one possible means of proof of the date the product was purchased. For example, it is permissible to provide in a full warranty that a consumer may fill out and return a card to place on file proof of the date the product was purchased. Any such suggestion to the consumer must include notice that failure to return the card will not affect rights under the warranty, so long as the consumer can show in a reasonable manner the date the product was purchased. Nor does this interpretation prohibit a seller from obtaining from purchasers at the time of sale information requested by the warrantor.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve, So what you are saying is that a sales receipt is the warranty card? The terms of the warranty being some vague note on a web page is binding if you save your receipt? With nothing coming out of the box except the product still makes me a little nervous under those conditions. I do understand that they are an honorable company and have good dealers but I still feel this falls outside the normal process of good business.

OP
OP
R

redmule

Greenie
Jun 6, 2013
Western Maryland
Detector(s) used
omega 8000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a warrant card in with your makro pinpointer explaining what is covered under the warranty. But no info on what to do with it.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have the Makro too and just kept all my paperwork and receipt.

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Steve, So what you are saying is that a sales receipt is the warranty card? The terms of the warranty being some vague note on a web page is binding if you save your receipt? With nothing coming out of the box except the product still makes me a little nervous under those conditions. I do understand that they are an honorable company and have good dealers but I still feel this falls outside the normal process of good business.

I am not saying it. That is the law. I almost never mail in warranty cards. The main reason they exist is to get you on a mailing list. As long as I can prove the purchase date I cannot be denied warranty.

Something everyone should understand is good companies want to take care of their customers. Yeah, there are horror stories but Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, Tesoro, White's - I have had to deal with their service departments over the years and all have bent over backwards to take care of me. Nokta and Makro are trying to make a name for themselves right now and are going overboard to help people out. If you have a genuine issue with any company, state your case, be patient, but be firm. And always have proof of original purchase date!

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all... Nokta and Makro detectors will stand behind their products. For warranty replacements, all we need is the serial number and we can check the date that it was shipped from the factory and if we have any doubt regarding the actual purchase date, we may ask for proof of purchase but not necessary in each case. All you need to do is to contact us or the disributor with the serial number and a description of the isssue.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello all... Nokta and Makro detectors will stand behind their products. For warranty replacements, all we need is the serial number and we can check the date that it was shipped from the factory and if we have any doubt regarding the actual purchase date, we may ask for proof of purchase but not necessary in each case. All you need to do is to contact us or the disributor with the serial number and a description of the isssue.

Awesome Nokta! Thanks for clarifying this. BTW- Your Makro pin pointer is one awesome pin pointer! I love mine!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread