What's new

Man is stung by scorpion on Alaska Airlines flight

intresting

bark scorpions are more venomous than emperor scorpions, which are the type commonly kept as pets. He said most people will experience minor pain from a bark scorpion unless they are allergic, in which case the sting might cause anaphylactic shock.

so in most cases it's no different then gettng stung by a wasp.

Seems to me the media over reacted too

I got stung by a bee about a month ago

Alert the media :laughing7:
 
I liked this part

"Ellis said he is pleased with how the flight crew and the airline handled the situation. He said the airline has offered him 4,000 frequent-flier miles (6,500 kilometers) and two round-trip tickets."

Next time I fly, I know what else to bring along :thumbsup: :laughing9:

Mo' free stuff :headbang:
 
spartacus53 said:
I liked this part

"Ellis said he is pleased with how the flight crew and the airline handled the situation. He said the airline has offered him 4,000 frequent-flier miles (6,500 kilometers) and two round-trip tickets."

Next time I fly, I know what else to bring along :thumbsup: :laughing9:

Mo' free stuff :headbang:

:thumbsup:
 
I think he should have gently picked it up by it's tail and walked up to the stewardess and said, "Here, I have a present for you." :tongue3: :thumbsup:

eh, on second thought, he probably would gotten himself arrested.
 
Interesting how they said the thing got on the plane. Guess he wasn't on the hit list at customs. :laughing7: :laughing9:
 
:laughing9: Yeah, how'd he get passed the TSA ?
 
thrillathahunt said:
I think he should have gently picked it up by it's tail and walked up to the stewardess and said, "Here, I have a present for you." :tongue3: :thumbsup:

eh, on second thought, he probably would gotten himself arrested.

:laughing7:

I'm sure the last thing he thought was
something that could sting :P

My reaction would have been the same as him
Brush whatever it is off :coffee2:

If somethings under my shirt of pants leg
& I feel it, I usually try to Crush it
& then shake it out.

But then again I havn't found
myself dangeriously alergic to anything yet.
 
Scorpions normally just sting with no poison injected for defense. Chances of them actually injecting poison the first couple of stings is less than 1%. Scorpions can eat once a year and never eat anything in between. You can stick them in a freezer overnight take them out the next day, and once they thaw, they will start moving around and still be alive!
 
I didn't know that about freezing them. That is bizzare. I find them in the house occasionally, even stepped on one in the kitchen with bare feet...didn't get stung though.
 
Jeff, you posted-->But then again I havn't found myself dangeriously alergic to anything yet
***********

I have, w o r k , sniff

Don Jose d e La Mancha
 
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Jeff, you posted-->But then again I havn't found myself dangeriously alergic to anything yet
***********

I have, w o r k , sniff

Don Jose d e La Mancha

:D Most be Psychic too

I almost added Except for work :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom