Man on Horseback Bronze Signature ID Help Needed

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just picked this up at a private, pre-estate sale just down the street from my house.

The sellers couldn’t find a signature but I spotted it immediately and figured it was nice enough for the price.

All I can make out is ther first initial (H.) and maybe 1 or 2of the last name. I think it’s Gals which pulls up nothing so I’m sure I’m wrong about it.

Is anybody familiar with the name or have a lead on the maker? I’m going to start removing the heavy layer of dust with a soft brush and see how it comes out.

Attachments

• E19C746B-C99B-435B-BB2F-3D0A40C36782.jpeg
    E19C746B-C99B-435B-BB2F-3D0A40C36782.jpeg
    1,008 KB · Views: 145
  • 060A0CBC-7AC6-4591-A5F4-9BAC1D250AC7.jpeg
    060A0CBC-7AC6-4591-A5F4-9BAC1D250AC7.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 192
Got nothing . Here is a contrasted photo. Note the edition numbers pops.ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1564407369.242316.jpg

I think it depicts a Racing Horse with the Jockey. I wonder if what you see as a signature, is actually the number and name of the horse. There is something just behind and below the saddle which looks like initials.

I think it depicts a Racing Horse with the Jockey. I wonder if what you see as a signature, is actually the number and name of the horse. There is something just behind and below the saddle which looks like initials.

I thought Jockey too, except it looks like the stock of a rifle in his hand doesn’t it? Maybe a hunter? Like the old British paintings.

Can you get full on profile pictures of it? The one you have is from an angle above. Both sides as well.

It could be a jockey but if that's a rifle stock it's probably a fox hunter.

Ill post some more pictures when i get home but i appears that Doubter in MD nailed it.

For those looking for more info, it appears that he is holding a cup/trophy with a number on the side and the horse has a number 7 on its side. Thats what made me think Jockey right away.

The odd angle of his hand makes it look like a stock but the back of his hand is flat against his knee with a cup in his palm.

Last edited:
Ill post some more pictures when i get home but i appears that Doubter in MD nailed it.

That's ok. Like you said, no real need. Great ID by Doubter in MD.

Amazing I'd nice piece

Very nice piece! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back