Managed to find a few buttons, musket balls, and other relics over the weekend.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some recent finds from three sites I hit over the weekend. The large spikes are strake spikes that were used to fasten the iron rims to the wooden wheels of 18th century wagons. These spikes turn up on all the French and Indian War sites in SW PA. The ball at the top of the picture is a clay marble that was in the same hole as the 1902 IHP.

3-16 to 3-19 Finds.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 17

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are some recent finds from three sites I hit over the weekend. The large spikes are strake spikes that were used to fasten the iron rims to the wooden wheels of 18th century wagons. These spikes turn up on all the French and Indian War sites in SW PA. The ball at the top of the picture is a clay marble that was in the same hole as the 21902 IHP.

View attachment 2016752
Nice bunch of oldies there! Those larger buttons give a great signal and get your blood pumping at an old site.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some recent finds from three sites I hit over the weekend. The large spikes are strake spikes that were used to fasten the iron rims to the wooden wheels of 18th century wagons. These spikes turn up on all the French and Indian War sites in SW PA. The ball at the top of the picture is a clay marble that was in the same hole as the 21902 IHP.

View attachment 2016752
Nice Finds!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 2016752
all cool finds, great saves

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good assortment of finds. Thanks for the info on the spikes.
See you managed a bubble button as well.

njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master and Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 2016752
Yes, those spikes are different. Neat!

Salty

Dec 23, 2015
Coastal South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2016752
Nice finds! Cool story about the spikes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions