What's new

Mangy 43 war nickel

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2020
Messages
4,451
Reaction score
10,339
Golden Thread
0
Location
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to my local credit union coin roll machine and pulled a leftover very beat up 43 war nickel. I'll take it! Makes up for all the canadian nickels I pulled from my last coin roll hunt!
 

Attachments

  • 20260202_152133.webp
    20260202_152133.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
  • 20260202_152150.webp
    20260202_152150.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
That was worth over $5.80 in spot silver last week. Still worth around $4.50 today with having 0.0563 troy ounces of silver in it. Not bad for a return on a nickel.
Now to find a dealer that will pay....but pretty incredible how silver and gold are hitting those prices...
 
Now to find a dealer that will pay....but pretty incredible how silver and gold are hitting those prices...
I remember I'd pick up those coin collector magazines in the late 70s early 80s and they would have adds where you could buy average circulated war nickels for like $4.00 a roll.
 
I remember I'd pick up those coin collector magazines in the late 70s early 80s and they would have adds where you could buy average circulated war nickels for like $4.00 a roll.
Ah, such a deal.
 
Congratulations on your silver war nickel!
 
When I was 5 I started “helping” my folks collect coins. That would have been 1957. They were still fairly common in change back then. They only collected coins from their change. My mom didn’t like the war nickels because she thought they were “dirty” and didn’t want them around. I started getting them from her. I still have all of them. Around 75.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom