pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did it, or did he miss a 1/2" swing? That's what one will never now for sure.
We all know how you really liked the Deus ll, had to part with it ASAP-(though actually was there enough time spent on learning the simple control pad?)
I will say that one can miss a target easily enough, even more so with a deeper target.
Have detected, dug many a target, returned and dug more and thought how did I miss that one.

I still scratch my head at the one missed target, my 50BC gold Stater.
Dug a half dozen targets in the 10 sq.ft. area, returned a hour later and 6" away from another hole, there it was.
So the question begs-was it the detector of the operator?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
90% of the time its the operator. As long as the machine was made in this century, go dig! Go slow! In a hot spot cross over your tracks over and over.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always said, no matter what machine really, you still need to sweep the coil over that one cubic square inch of planet earth to find the one coin that you/I missed the previous 12 times you or I may have walked right by or over.

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I stand by my evaluation and what I said regarding Deus II for my particular purposes. And your statement just goes to prove that all these side by side evaluations can be dependent on a wide array of variables. This guy does know what he's doing and his yearly ring finds on beach are pretty much proof of that. Still it's fun to tweak the noses of those who think the Deus II is superior to Minelab products. I'm not on that team for certain. All my finds on this site were found with Minelab and they speak for themselves. People can draw their own conclusions. These two machines may be pretty much equal but we'll see once Manicore has several years under it's belt. But for now, where's the blonde with the baseball bat?

1983 - Miller Lite - Tastes Great vs. Less Filling Softball Game

hey wait a minute, this game isn't over - I caught that ball!

oh for anybody that wants to see my two cents on Deus II - you'll find it here:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I stand by my evaluation and what I said regarding Deus II for my particular purposes. And your statement just goes to prove that all these side by side evaluations can be dependent on a wide array of variables. This guy does know what he's doing and his yearly ring finds on beach are pretty much proof of that. Still it's fun to tweak the noses of those who think the Deus II is superior to Minelab products. I'm not on that team for certain. All my finds on this site were found with Minelab and they speak for themselves. People can draw their own conclusions. These two machines may be pretty much equal but we'll see once Manicore has several years under it's belt. But for now, where's the blonde with the baseball bat?

1983 - Miller Lite - Tastes Great vs. Less Filling Softball Game

hey wait a minute, this game isn't over - I caught that ball!

oh for anybody that wants to see my two cents on Deus II - you'll find it here:

You probably picked up the remote, gave it a minimum amount of study, and got frustrated.
Coil clip, large goes on the large side, pretty basic actually.
Had a 4.5yr old figure it out pretty quick.
"Well you see the big side goes there, and the small side goes there"
But a Chevy/Ford/Dodge owner will still support the company regardless.
You seem to believe that a target couldn't be missed by the operator, and it was solely the machine.
The testing of both machines is still on going, and both are top quality machines.
Deep iron, heavy iron site the Dues is the leader. Salt water beaches it appears that the Manticore is leading.
Simplicity of keypad seems that Manticore has that also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread