maps for Lawrenceville Ga and Barbourville ky. amongst other questions

dvs720

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2013
Ok first off its tax time and i will have a bit of money to play with. I have always been interested in metal detecting and prospecting since i was a kid and watched my great grandpa douse (may not be the correct spelling) however i dont really know what machines are worth a 300 price tag and what is not. Any advice on a good mid level detector that my girlfriend and i can get into the hobby with?

Also i will be digging mostly in Georgia and in the Appalachian mountains in Kentucky. I would like to know what i should expect. I understand here in Georgia the red clay might be a pain in the summer months. also will this change in dirt types affect the readings any?

What are some good digs and locations to check out in and around Monroe Ga and Barbourville KY?

Any tips an old timer wants to pass down will be more than welcome.

Thanks!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I cant help ,heck I could use some of that N.Ga info as well.

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lawrenceville Georgia is pretty developed now ,,,, There isnt much left undeveloped or old farms ect ---- You really have to go further north for anything good

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions