March of Nickels and Dimes (4/5/10)

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Hi all,
Got out for an early morning hunt at my special nickel grove. First target of the day was a 1935 Buffalo Nickel (2 days straight getting 1935's with super legible dates check the odds on that). Then I got a 1919 Mercury dime. A little later I found another (this is getting ridiculous fast) War Nickel 1943 -S (all 7 of my war nickels this year have come from this place). Then my last good target was a 1952 Silver Rosie. Sprinkled along the way I picked up 6 Wheats (all 40's and 50's dates, too lazy to clean and photograph right now). My April Silver Total (10) = March silver Total, already, and I thought March was good for me. I've got my sights set on 100 for the year now, unfortunately 30% of them will probably be War Nickels.....

4_5_10A.jpg

4_5_10B.jpg

And you're STILL pulling those nickels. . . Sweet!

Nick's do have a way of testing one's character :D

That's Mister War Nickel to us. Sweeet!

Joe, you reading this my fine homie?!? He's cuttin' in on your war nickel thing!

Excellent hunting bud!!! :icon_pirat:

CONGRATS ON TWO AND A HALF SILVER,WTG!

I think we should add a new rule about nickels being tallied. We should think of them as a mulligan in golf. You have used way to many. ;D

D-Dub said:
I think we should add a new rule about nickels being tallied. We should think of them as a mulligan in golf. You have used way to many. ;D

Change the rule next year... can't change the rules in the middle of the game ... :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back