Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marcs "NEW TERMS FOR THE CLASSIFIEDS"

Marc, this is a great idea, I support it 100% :icon_thumright: It is a shame it had to come to this, but this will save some members a lot of headaches and money in the long run.....

Only possible danger is someone paying just $5.00 to post it one month then never hearing from them again.... If that happens maybe sellers should be required to pay for a year as a charter member to sell in the classifieds, or become a dealer like the fine dealers we have here already....

I know you did not allow replies on your threads on this, if you object to this post delete it, I will not be offended.....

tumbleinn2

Apr 24, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
WHITE"S SPECTRA V3i d2 coil 6x10 coil 5.3 coil super 12 surfmaster II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Marcs "NEW TERMS FOR THE CLASSIFIEDS"

Good looks like someone read my post the other day!
This sure will keep our community in good standings!
Treasure Net safe for every one!!!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other

So will the Charter Member Classifieds board become obsolete?

dixietwister

Nov 17, 2010
South Carolina

I'm glad you decided to discourge people, that have no interest in continuing the MD hobby from posting here. They only cause the price of our overpriced detectors to loose their value. They always sell to cheap. It saves me at least an hour a day, coming here to find a good deal, so I can afford to purchase a good machine, at a reasonable price. When I learn enough to contribute to the forum, in a constructive way, I'll make regular post. Maybe the great deals I usually see on here will continue. I sure hope so, because I am just getting back into this exciting hobby. Rock on!
Bruce

DAVID@RT6DETECTORS

Dec 6, 2007
Maryville, Tenn
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Quest Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ITS A SHAME THAT THE HONEST FOLK ON HERE THAT POST MAYBE THREE OR FOUR THINGS A YEAR IF THAT, STILL HAVE TO PAY 5 BUCKS A MONTH. PEOPLE MAY THINK I AM BITCHIN A LITTLE, WELL I GUESS I AM. JUST DON'T THINK WE SHOULD HAVE TO PAY TO POST ON HERE.

Gary66

Jul 30, 2009
Belle Vernon PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Bandido and Conquistador. Whites TR-Disc, Eagle 2 SL 90, Eagle Spectrum, XLT and M6. Garrett GTAx 1000pm, Garrett Pro Pointer. Compass XP-Pro. Fisher CZ-6A. Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and Sharpshooter.

Being out of work means not being able to "donate" to a web site.

Guess any business I do will be done elsewhere... no biggie

HH

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

crevias said:
ITS A SHAME THAT THE HONEST FOLK ON HERE THAT POST MAYBE THREE OR FOUR THINGS A YEAR IF THAT, STILL HAVE TO PAY 5 BUCKS A MONTH. PEOPLE MAY THINK I AM BITCHIN A LITTLE, WELL I GUESS I AM. JUST DON'T THINK WE SHOULD HAVE TO PAY TO POST ON HERE.

C,

You don't have to pay to post, only to sell, and you don't have to pay $5 a month if you don't want to, Charter Membership is $20 a year if you pay by the year, or $5 a month if you don't......This was because of some shady deals, it is a shame it happens, but if it protects all of us then in the long run it is better for the majority of the members here...

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm for it 100% I'm a Charter Member and paid my fee ($20.00) to help keep this site going as it's my favorite site not for selling but I do my share of it and I'm one of the ones that just got burned recently on a sale along with a few others. Great Idea!!
P.S. I'm also on a couple of other sites and paid fees to help keeping them going also but that's me. I love this hobby.

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When I started posting here and joined I bought the Charter membership , I did this as I want to be a part of this site and help support it. It is not free ! And someone has to pay for the bandwidth and servers .

Also I am on a very fixed income and I do not have any extra money but I scraped together $20.00 dollars to do this.
This way the ones who just come here to Sell there items can help support the site they are selling on.
And maybe it will help weed out the type of users that we do not need here .
I see sellers on here a lot with only one or two post ! And you will never see them again after the sale. And if you do you will most likely see them under another name .

I'm for it and think it is a good idea .

dixietwister

Nov 17, 2010
South Carolina

Sponsors and people who sell often should be glad to pay.... That should more than cover the Bandwidth. The person that visits and purchases from the sponsors shows their appreciation. The bonus for the person that visits daily, to find the best used equipment that he can afford, ends up purchasing from the sponsors,,,,cause a little a is never enough,,,Coils...bags....better detector... What good or protection will a $5.00 fee bring,,,none. Now if this is a for profit,,,membership fee or whatever,,, then I say go for it.... I'm just used to sponsor supported forums and not for profit forums. Most people who buy on-line are big boys and learn the in's and out's very quick, or loose their butts. I'm sure most know the rules for on-line buying by now. Looking for that special deal on a detector keeps me coming back. Now you've run them to Ebay...That's cool. I still do a ton of reading here and buy from sponsors and don't contribute....I'm sure there are many like me. When I sell my E-trac I would like to do it here.

climac

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2010

It boggles my mind that anyone would think that punishing the many for the actions of the few would contribute to anything but the further decline of this forum. I can understand the position of all of the charter member who responded in a positive manner to this thread and will benefit from the smaller marketplace. Shop around folks. Sellers, post your stuff on other forums. If you want to pay fees, go to eBay.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

climac said:
It boggles my mind that anyone would think that punishing the many for the actions of the few would contribute to anything but the further decline of this forum. I can understand the position of all of the charter member who responded in a positive manner to this thread and will benefit from the smaller marketplace. Shop around folks. Sellers, post your stuff on other forums. If you want to pay fees, go to eBay.

It isn't the many that are being punished, it is for the protection of the many that Marc, who owns the Website decided to require all sellers be a charter member or a registered dealer.... Members have always had the option of buying here or any other forum, Craigslist or EBay.... I would rather buy from someone here, but I have also bought from other forums and EBay.... You want to go to EBay and pay more in fees than you pay here have at it.....You will more in fees selling it on EBay then here selling it as a Charter Member.

Charter Members had no input into Marc's decision, and I am sure there are some who probably don't agree, just the ones here that posted do agree...... Charter Members don't benefit any more or less then anyone else here.

climac

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2010

Treasure_Hunter said:
It isn't the many that are being punished, it is for the protection of the many that Marc, who owns the Website decided to require all sellers be a charter member or a registered dealer...
How do you know why he did it?
Treasure_Hunter said:
You want to go to EBay and pay more in fees than you pay here have at it.....You will more in fees selling it on EBay then here selling it as a Charter Member.
I am not selling anything anywhere at the mopment. This winter I have purchased 4 detectors, 1 from here, 1 from another forum, and 2 from eBay. This seemed until now the 2nd best forum to buy from in terms of # of items offered for sale and it seems to have already declined to the number 4 spot.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

climac said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
It isn't the many that are being punished, it is for the protection of the many that Marc, who owns the Website decided to require all sellers be a charter member or a registered dealer...
How do you know why he did it?
Treasure_Hunter said:
You want to go to EBay and pay more in fees than you pay here have at it.....You will more in fees selling it on EBay then here selling it as a Charter Member.
I am not selling anything anywhere at the mopment. This winter I have purchased 4 detectors, 1 from here, 1 from another forum, and 2 from eBay. This seemed until now the 2nd best forum to buy from in terms of # of items offered for sale and it seems to have already declined to the number 4 spot.

Marc told us why he did it, you can read his post.....

Members have always had the option to look everywhere for detectors to buy and I am sure 99.9% of us do...

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is not going to cut down on the sellers here , all that will go is the ones who drop in to sell there stuff because it was free and one of the largest Detector forums there is. They had a free ride un like the E bays of the world that charge .

It seems that of late there have been some coming in and taking advantage of the people here .
One of the good things about this site is when you take someone or are trying to sell a item that is not what is said
a warning goes out quick. But it seems that some have been taken for a ride .
It looks like the drop in's free ride is over .
It is easy to see them , they have just a few post 1,2 10 , and it hardly grows beyond that.

But in looking over the last few months it looks like there have been many not from here selling ,and not coming back or even joining in on the forum .
They make the sale and are gone .

dladams76

Dec 15, 2009

it seems to me that its going the way of everything else in this seemingly doomed nation....its all about the almighty dollar!especially at a time when a lot of the people trying to sell detectors are doing it because they are out of work..i am fortunate enough to have a decent job at the moment,but believe me i have been in some pretty tight spots.this will be my last visit to this forum and yes i will go sell on ebay in the future (or the other sites that do not charge)and i will pay the fees but i will also get more for my merchandise..a lot of people on here sell at a cheaper price just because you have a sense of who is buying it.youve seen their names and read their posts.the same detector might get passed around to 3 or 4 people.and yes i do apreciate you "looking out for me"but your no different than the scammer.you just want your cut it seems.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other

dladams76 said:
it seems to me that its going the way of everything else in this seemingly doomed nation....its all about the almighty dollar!especially at a time when a lot of the people trying to sell detectors are doing it because they are out of work..i am fortunate enough to have a decent job at the moment,but believe me i have been in some pretty tight spots.this will be my last visit to this forum and yes i will go sell on ebay in the future (or the other sites that do not charge)and i will pay the fees but i will also get more for my merchandise..a lot of people on here sell at a cheaper price just because you have a sense of who is buying it.youve seen their names and read their posts.the same detector might get passed around to 3 or 4 people.and yes i do apreciate you "looking out for me"but your no different than the scammer.you just want your cut it seems.

The problem that has doomed the nation, is that everybody wants, and has grown to expect, that they are entitled to something for nothing... Sad but true :'(

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro

Twenty dollars a year is NOTHING when you compare that to what you would pay in fees for ONE LISTING/SALE on most every auction site out there (on top of the fees you pay if you have PayPal). I too am on a very limited income and what I sell here helps with the monthly expenses (no matter how much it may be). I have been on other forums and while they too are great, I have yet to find one that compares with the "Big Family" atmosphere that one can find here. I find that most of the members here have a "neighborhood watch" mentality when it comes to the classified section, and I greatly appreciate that. I have seen some great people get burned for serious money here by the "fly-by-nighters" and it's about time that something is being done about it. I still preach "buyer beware" but overall, this is going to get better than it already is.
If you are a buyer, you should be glad that we are how we are here. When I buy from here (and I do often), I feel pretty good knowing that everyone I deal with is a straight shooter. If not, the word gets around fast and whoever the "bad apple" is - gets thrown from the tree very quickly. That's how it should be. If you, as a buyer, don't like the policies put into action here - then go buy elsewhere. Try asking a seller on ebay for their phone number so you can have a conversation about the item they are selling...LOL

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've bought quite a few detectors on the forum here. I've sold a few too. To suggest that any members are out for a free ride is an insult. Every member supports this site. Without members there will be no sponsors. No web traffic, no advertising dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread