What's new

Markers mark on a large STERLING ring?

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2006
Messages
2,429
Reaction score
697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Marker's mark on a large STERLING ring?

Hello!

I dug this bad boy in Portland Oregon yesterday. Can anyone tell me who the maker of this ring is? About how old is it do you think? What is the stone?

It weights 10.4 grams. SEE PIC'S!!
 

Attachments

  • Oct26-2012f.webp
    Oct26-2012f.webp
    71.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Oct26-2012d.webp
    Oct26-2012d.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Oct26-2012c.webp
    Oct26-2012c.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 134
  • Oct26-2012e.webp
    Oct26-2012e.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 155
Killer ring, But I can't see the makers mark due to glare. You might try another picture from another angle........................HH
 
Upvote 0
Killer ring, But I can't see the makers mark due to glare. You might try another picture from another angle........................HH


Sorry ~ these are the best pic's I could take. I was hoping they were good enough for someone to recognize the markings.
 
Upvote 0
Just tidying up some blasts from the past (including some very ancient ones), largely for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

That’s one of the marks used by Clark & Coombs of Providence, Rhode Island. They were founded in 1872 (some sources say 1862) and operated until c.1968.

I believe they used a conventional ampersand (&) between the two ‘C in arrow’ marks until 1915 and then began switching to that weird stylised one. It certainly appears as such in the Jeweler’s Index of 1922.

Clark & Coombs.webp

Clark & Coombs2.webp
 
Upvote 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom