Lone Star
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Jan 6, 2010
- Messages
- 497
- Reaction score
- 932
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- North of the Balcones Escarpment
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett Ace 400
Garrett AT Pro
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Here are a few more I just finished logging in and taking pics. These are all Covington type forms I believe, at least that's what I documented them as.
It's believe the Covington type is Late Archaic (4,000 to 3,000 BP) As in many types, there is a blade form and a projectile form. I suspect the blade was used first and as it was resharpened and reduced, the chance to use it as a dart form became apparent. Why discard a good tool? I can be as wrong as anyone though.
The set of three are the thinnest in this group. I mean just a few business cards thick. I'd be afraid if breaking them, and it's amazing that they have lasted this long without too many blemishes.
It's believe the Covington type is Late Archaic (4,000 to 3,000 BP) As in many types, there is a blade form and a projectile form. I suspect the blade was used first and as it was resharpened and reduced, the chance to use it as a dart form became apparent. Why discard a good tool? I can be as wrong as anyone though.
The set of three are the thinnest in this group. I mean just a few business cards thick. I'd be afraid if breaking them, and it's amazing that they have lasted this long without too many blemishes.
Attachments
Upvote
0







