Masonic Ring Wanted

marinemike72

May 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excalibur and Soverign
For all of the shallow water hunters...I am a shallow water hunter myself and have found several rings, but I have never found a Masonic ring...if any of you shallow water hunters have found one preferably in white gold or sterling silver, I would be interested in buying it...nothing fancy, just a "Blue Lodge" ring which has the square and compasses on it..I have been a Mason for 18 years and at one time came upon hard times, (divorce) and had to sell it for attorney's fees. I know there is one other Mason on the forum but I can't remember his moniker.

Thanks!

Mike

P.S. If the photo comes thru...something like that only in white gold or sterling silver.

Attachments

• masonring3.jpg
    masonring3.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 3,754
Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

marinemike72

May 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Thank you my Brother.....what Lodge do you attend? I was "raised" in an AF&AM lodge in the Republic of Panama under the jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge of Massachusetts...we are F&AM here in Ohio...

Mike

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
My father-in-law passed away last year. He was a Mason, and I am not. His wife has talked about selling his rings. He was a big man with a large finger. I believe his ring is white gold. What size are you looking for? Ralph

OP
OP
M

marinemike72

May 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Ralph:
Thank you...I'm looking for a 9.5-10 size. Can you post a photo?

Thanks....

Mike

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
The ring is not in my possession. I spoke with my mother-in-law and she said she was willing to sell the ring. It is at least a size 13 or larger, so you would have to have it re-sized. I may see my mother-in-law this coming weekend and if so, I will try to remember to get the ring and post a photo, if you are still interested. blessings, Ralph

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try searching at Rubylane.com. They are a jewelry and collectible website (fixed prices, not auction). I just checked the website and they had more than 20 for sale. Good luck

Susan

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
E-Bay has MANY rings that are not very expensive . Many are under $30 . If you wish to wear one these that might be a good idea . Best of luck Brother .

OP
OP
M

marinemike72

May 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Ralph:
Thank you, I would not be able to purchase this for a while..unless you want to do some trading for it...most of my money is going for airfare for our trip to the Philippines on Friday...hope I didn't make you jump thru any hoops....

Susan...thanks for your suggestion...also you too Paratrooper....

thanks to all if I missed anyone...

Mike

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
my mother-in-law is not in a big rush. I will try to get the ring and send you a photo. We can chat from there. Who knows, she might be willing to trade jewelry with you. Never know, I will ask her. You can either PM me or on this thread is fine. Blessings, and safe travels. Ralph

Southernstyle

Dec 17, 2010
So funny how things work. Found this one last week, probably the day this was posted. It's old and silver, but looks like brass. You could send it to "Lorain" here on the forums...she seems to be able to work miracles with silver, haha...

Chris

Attachments

• masonic 004.JPG
    masonic 004.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 15,174
  • masonic 003.JPG
    masonic 003.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 4,570
OP
OP
M

marinemike72

May 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Wow Chris...that looks to be a very old and water worn ring...any idea what size it is? Is Lorain a jeweler?

Mike

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one... I will check the size ..

If you are still interested, let me know

Cheers

Bartholomewroberts

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Mike,
My mother-in-law came to my house today and brought her rings. So attached are some photos. The Masonic ring is quite unique and not the simple one you were looking for. I could not find another one like it on the internet. It is 14k white gold (the camera and kitchen lights do not show the color correctly), 10.8 grams. There is a single small diamond in the middle, (probably less than 1/4 ct), with carved Masonic symbols on each side. As you can see the ring is slightly larger than a quarter. She thinks it is a size 14 or larger. The ring was rarely worn. About 10 years he lost the ring and it was found by my son when he was vacuuming out their car years later. By that time my father-in-law had lost a lot of weight and it no longer fit him and just sat in his jewelry box. My mother-in-law is asking $600 for the ring. Certainly, a silver ring would be much less expensive if that would suite you and I certainly understand if you don't want to spend this much or don't want to go through the hassle of having the ring re-sized. If this isn't it, I hope you find what you are looking for. As far as trading, she said she would consider gold value for an agreed upon price since she may be sending his less significant gold to the refinery anyway. Blessings, Ralph

Attachments

• Granny\'s Treasures 006.JPG
    Granny\'s Treasures 006.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 591
  • Granny 006.JPG
    Granny 006.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 604
  • 14k 003.JPG
    14k 003.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 611
  • Granny\'s Treasures 004.JPG
    Granny\'s Treasures 004.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 675
  • Granny 003.JPG
    Granny 003.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 864
  • Granny 001.JPG
    Granny 001.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,455
OP
OP
M

marinemike72

May 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Ralph:
That is an outstanding ring! I would advise your mother-in-law to take it to your local lodge and I have no doubts that the Masons there will find someone to buy it. It is well worth the $600.00 she is asking for it...in fact I would ask closer to $1000.00 because of the intricate carvings alone. I have to regretfully pass on this deal due to lack of funds and the sizing...if I had it sized to fit me, it would destroy the side art and I don't want to do that to that beautiful piece...sorry. I'm sure she'll find a buyer for it either by the method I suggested or eBay.

Thanks so much!

Mike

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Mike,
Thanks for the input. Sorry it didn't work out for you. Hope you find what you are looking for. Not sure how she will choose to go about selling the ring but we sill figure it out. Blessings to ya, Ralph

OP
OP
M

marinemike72

May 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Hello Bob...good to see another brother Mason here....Mike :icon_thumleft:

Vulodia

Jun 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do like this ring, Is it for sale? If it is,what is the price?
thanks
Vulodia

Last edited:

Fitzwilk

Jan 6, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, I found this Masonic pendant in 10K yellow gold recently. It's on my eBay page (user name: Fitzwilk) if you are interested. The auction ends Sunday night around 10 pm Eastern. It's currently only up to $9.50 so you might be able to get it on the cheap.

Attachments

• IMG_9228.JPG
    IMG_9228.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 131

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread