Mattyans

May 2, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Everyone,
I have lost my local forum, "Metal Detecting Maine" so I signed up here. I hope it is brought back, nice to have a site with folks from your area. Anyhow I went out today for the first time this season. I looked up municipal property in my town of Falmouth and hit a field that had once been used for crops. To determine this, I just look at the stone walls. If there are lots of little rocks mixed in, the field was probably tilled instead of just used to graze livestock. I assume people spent more time in tilled fields.
The field is one of those that you can really only hit this time of year before the grass gets too tall.
So darn it, I didn't expect much, but I found three silver Washing quarters, 1937, 1943 and 1940, a 186something two center, and an 1801 Spanish Reale (not sure if that is the correct spelling.) The coins are a little beat, but definitely a fun day for me. 0425201644.jpg 0425201645.jpg 0425201645a.jpg

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome old coin shooting! :occasion14:

Welcome to the forum! :icon_thumleft:

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome Matt from Texas :wave:

Nice finds! That 2 cent piece can be cleaned.

Doug H

May 23, 2014
Cumberland, VA
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster pro
Garrett at pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Other
Your reale is drilled, one of mine is as well. I was so excited to find one and then disappointed to find it was drilled.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters of all kinds -- welcome aboard mate! :occasion14:

OP
OP
M

Mattyans

May 2, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny about holes in coins; it seems that about half of the old silver coins have holes drilled into them. I think it was a way to keep them safe and secure in an era of limited silver coinage. Once in a while I will find an old copper with a hole, but not often.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan
8-):cat::occasion14::headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread