What's new

May 17, Beach hunt, silver and a lot of coins!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2006
Messages
6,338
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Hello all!

I had a vacation day today, so after I took care of my business, I went to a private neighborhood assn beach back by my old house. I have searched this 6 or so times over the past 25 years but not in at least 5 years. The beach just opened and with the kids still in school, it was a good opportunity. It was a beautiful day out there and I had such a great hunt. With the haul I had today, I will assume no one has searched it since I was there 5 years ago.

Four hours of hunting, 192 coins, $9.27 value, (that's a lot for me, one of my highest totals ever) including a 1944 Mercury dime and a 1946 Washington quarter, and 5 wheaties. One heck of a lot of digging, (along with a few hundred trash digs too) well most of it in the sand beach, so it wasn't too tough. The beach is about 60 X 30 feet, not too big to cover it all in a couple hours. There's also a clubhouse / banquet hall with a big hill leading from it down toward the lake. So after the beach area was searched, I hit around the deck on the back of the hall and the hill.

I found a lot of jewelry and interesting items also.
4 sterling rings, one has a nice blue stone in it, a nice silver pendant with a large diamond looking stone (it's not marked, gold or sterling, so I am not sure if it's real, but the stone really sparkles so we'll see), an interesting token from an area bank (says "Good for 50 cents if you deposit $5.00 and keep it in for six months"). also found a hockey award medel, an interesting junk pendant (says "Bon Voyage"), some bullets , and a full hunting arrow razor projectile. Glad I didn't reach my hand in that hole.

Wish more days were like this. No gold today, but heck, I'll take it, A great day!

Smiles!
BDoo
 

Attachments

  • May 17 - 4.webp
    May 17 - 4.webp
    52.2 KB · Views: 732
  • May 17 - 1.webp
    May 17 - 1.webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 728
  • May 17 - 2.webp
    May 17 - 2.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 723
  • May 17 - 3.webp
    May 17 - 3.webp
    2.9 KB · Views: 688
Upvote 0
That is a good day. 192 coins is a lot. Only could do that at the beach. Sounds like an ideal place. Nice jewelry, couple silver coins, token plenty of clad.... ;D ;D ;D

Mirage
 
Nice outing. Looks like you have this one all to yourself. Go back in about 5 more years! You never know, the place may be loaded in six months .....or not? Excellent! Monty
 
Heck Scooby! I'd take it too! WoW! Did you do good!!!

Congrats on those great finds!!!

Nana ;)
 
That's an awesome hunt and congrast on the silver! HH, Mike
 
Guess that place was never hunted before!
Congrats on the great haul!!!!
Vern
 
hey nice job BD! Like that token. :)
 
Thanks again to everyone for visiting and the comments.
This property is pretty big, the grassy park part at least
and secluded enough to keep it unknown from most of
the "general public". Hopefully, I will get back there
before swimming season starts as it will be filled with kids then.
Like I said, I have searched it many times in the past 25 or so years
and sometime will get back to it again. It's a great memory for now
and I am REALLY happy to have such a productive day.

Smiles!
BDoo
 
wait till a weekday when school starts back up or a rainy weekend after that ,dont let everyone see yoy there....they may get ideas.....
 
Hello again dekalb

I weill probably wait until late fall or early next spring
let the beach sand fill up again??


Smiles!
BDoo
 
Thanks for the visitMK!

I had a lot of multiple coins in the same hole finds,
like 5 at least. One with 3 quarters, a dime , and a nickel. Another on the beach, found over 55 pennies in a 5 foot diameter. Must have been a July 4th kids "penny scramble"? I found 20 quarters and around 130 pennies total.

Thanks for the comment!

BDoo
 
Wow Bodooooooooo, great finds. I thought my partner and I had a good day with
over 140 finds in one day. Heck you done that and more all by yourself. I can't wait to
get into the water and start finding some of those rings. Water is still cold down here
in Ohio, but heck I might have to make a trip up to Mich.

HH, Ringfinder
 
Hope you find all the rings Ringfinder.
Best of luck to you. Thanks for the friendly comment!

Smiles!
BDoo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom