🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Maybe a steam engine of some sort?

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to a spot where I found an 1869 penny and this was the 3rd signal… I kept make the hole wider and wider and kept hitting metal, got it hauled home and washed some before I ran out of daylight… any chance someone knows what it/these are? The two arched pieces are what’s left of a door or hatch… the big thing is fairly thick but has layers separating, the piece laying on top fell off the bottom side shaped the to nest in the main bit I guess. there is a flange maybe for exhaust? And what seems like the side of a tool box maybe? Any info is appreciated other items from this spot seem to be from around 1870.
IMG_7975.jpeg
IMG_7976.jpeg
IMG_7977.jpeg
IMG_7978.jpeg

OP
OP
Older The Better

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can get behind a stove, I do think there was a building there, the reason I was thinking steam because it was in the middle of a farm field, maybe part of a tractor or something. More evidence of a structure is better though. As far as digging and hauling it I really wanted to know what it was and after I got it out I couldn’t just leave it in the field for a tractor to hit so here we are a lot of badly rusted iron sitting on a patio table.
Maybe something similar to these
IMG_7988.jpeg
IMG_7987.jpeg

Upvote 1
OP
OP
Older The Better

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used