What's new

McKean complex

chase2

Sr. Member
Joined
May 6, 2013
Messages
362
Reaction score
459
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This has been a group of people that I have learned from for the area I search. Malory, not so much Duncan but Hanna is prevalent Yonkee is nothing more than a hanna on steroids DSCN1760.webpDSCN2184.webpDSCN1766.webp.
 
Upvote 0
What state are you finding these? The 3rd picture looks like the small point I found recently on the front range of Colorado, which folks here identified as a mcKean artifact.
 
What state are you finding these? The 3rd picture looks like the small point I found recently on the front range of Colorado, which folks here identified as a mcKean artifact.

The first pic was found Hemet area of Montana the second pic was found In summit Colorado the third pic was found around Rainey Butte North Dakota
 
Nice points, the notching on that one is very deep, can't say I've seen many like that, what is the type?
 
Great examples chase. I have at least one and maybe two examples from Colorado. The third Point from the left in the top row of the 1st picture I was told was a McKean and I think the broken one at the top of the 2nd picture may be one. The last picture is my Colorado tray.
 

Attachments

  • Colorado Artifacts (26).webp
    Colorado Artifacts (26).webp
    55.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Colorado Artifacts (11).webp
    Colorado Artifacts (11).webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Colorado Artifacts (5).webp
    Colorado Artifacts (5).webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 87
That's what I would call a shouldered Mckean Steve.
 
The point in your second photo sure looks like a Buffalo Gap.
 
Thanks guys. I never was sure what it was. These were gifts from a member on Arrowheadology but unfortunately I lost all of my info in a flash drive crash so I'm not sure who it was.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom