What's new

MD Ludington & Frankfort beaches ?

sonofdust

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
75
Reaction score
79
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello.
Just picked up my first metal detector and would like try hunting the sandy beaches of the Frankfort Ludington area as soon as cabin fever season is over.
Are there any restrictions or off limits to the public beaches?
Thanks in advance
Sod
 
Most beaches are open unless you see signs. You can also go to the MI DNR site and see all the state parks that are off limits, open, and ones that have some restrictions.
 
Thanks Mike
 
I know a guy who goes by riverrat2013 in you tube. He found a 10000 ring at Ludington state park in the sand. You can go anywhere as long as you are in the sand or in the water
 
I've detected the Ludington city beach and the beach at the State Park. I actually eyeballed a Wheatie at the city beach but not much in either beach. I found out later on that they drag the state park beach with a sifter periodically to keep it clean. I'd love to be the guy who cleans out that piece of equipment after the job's done!
 
I spoke with someone I know regarding the screen/rakes they use on the beach and he said surprisingly they don't find very many valuables.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom