MD/VA Gold Prospecting!

MDgoldhunting

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2024
Hey, I am fairly new to this and live in the Baltimore area. I have driven down to some streams near DC to give it a go but have had no luck. I am wondering if anyone in the Maryland/Northern Virginia area would be willing to go panning with me sometime (I don’t need to know any of your secret spots.) Would love to just go somewhere and end up with a 1/100th of a gram piece even if it takes hours. I just need helping finding my first real wild piece and then believe I can take it from there. Would be more than happy to buy lunch if someone was willing to do it.

Thanks!

Upvote 2

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from N.E. Oregon. Good luck finding someone to help you out!

Apr 20, 2023
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I have one, but haven't used it yet. It's a yellow and black one from Amazon. Says like 11" but whatever I look for gold.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey I prospect here in Maryland. Have you found it in your pan yet? Anyone else prospecting here in Md?

Attachments

• Ausl4.jpg
    Ausl4.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 12
Apr 20, 2023
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I have one, but haven't used it yet. It's a yellow and black one from Amazon. Says like 11" but whatever I look for gold.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is my gold I took from my snuffer bottle last week. Maryland gold baby!

Attachments

• 23-24 302 - Copy.jpg
    23-24 302 - Copy.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 12
  • My Video1 - Copy.mp4
    3.2 MB

JIMIMAC

Apr 14, 2020
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I prospect here in Maryland. Have you found it in your pan yet? Anyone else prospecting here in Md?
Hey there I don’t know what part of Md. you’re in. I’m in the Mt. Airy area I do some prospecting on my property. Honestly I don’t even know where else to go. I’m pretty new to it. If you have any advice it would be appreciated.

JIMIMAC

Apr 14, 2020
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I am fairly new to this and live in the Baltimore area. I have driven down to some streams near DC to give it a go but have had no luck. I am wondering if anyone in the Maryland/Northern Virginia area would be willing to go panning with me sometime (I don’t need to know any of your secret spots.) Would love to just go somewhere and end up with a 1/100th of a gram piece even if it takes hours. I just need helping finding my first real wild piece and then believe I can take it from there. Would be more than happy to buy lunch if someone was willing to do it.

Thanks!
Hey I’m in Howard County, honestly I’m in the same boat you are. I’m also looking for a prospecting partner. I don’t know anywhere to go but I’m always down to try.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread