MDing, First time out

Calavo

Greenie
Dec 9, 2009
Fallbrook
Detector(s) used
Tesoro LST
Outside of my backyard, anyway. Trying to tune my ear to the Tesoro LST. Went to a hiking trail parking lot: 2 brass casings, 1 piece of aluminum foil (almost blew my eardrums out). Started raining, so I drove to a one room schoolhouse sight: 2 nails, 8 Corona beer tops. Such is the state of education in California.
Pretty easy to "hear' what I'm digging with the disc and pinpointing. Next weekend nuggetshooting and sluicing with the local GPAA club.

Upvote 0
Keep shooting !! Your machne will be singing sweet music to your ears and treasure collection in no time!! Welcome to T-net !! You are in the right place!!! MaineRelic.

We all start somewhere. Good luck with the nuggetshooting. :icon_thumright:

Good luck nugget shooting. I also belong to the GPAA, and made the trip to Alaska with them last year. Had a lot of fun. Welcome to Metal detecting. HH......

as a Tesoro user myself I've found that Aluminum will allways make your ear drums bleed when you run your coil over it , sad part is so does gold thats just how the Tesoro's are , good luck an HH just dont forget those soft tones .

Which Chapter of the GPAA are you with? I live in Fresno and am a member of the GPAA and the local chapter here. I recently acquired a LST myself and am looking forward to nugget shooting with it, but have yet to find some decent spots close. Best of luck to you!!

I'm with the Temecula chapter, but while the weather is good (not deadly hot), I'll be looking everywhere from the mountains around Big Bear to Old Dale to Cargo Mucho, possibly the Az claims in Maricopa county, and of course closer to home near San Diego, too.
Testing the sound for gold using split shots.
Thanks for the encouragement, Folks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back