Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Foose

Apr 12, 2007
Fayetteville, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 & Garrett Ace 250
Seabee said:
I usually stay around the Henry County, Butts County and Clayton County areas. But I am willing to travel.
Seabee

Hey Seabee . . . I live in Fayetteville. If you ever want to get together and detect some sites let me know. I know there are a lot of older homes/homesites in McDonough. If you know of any and ever want a hunting partner for the day let me know. (I'm 35 in case you were wondering).

jbow

Sep 24, 2005
Cartersville, GA
I hunt relics mostly. I live in Cartersville and there are some great places around here. I hunt down in Kennesaw and Atlanta too. I have been hunting one yard in Cartersville for about 1 1/2 years and have five cases of relics from there. Including one US box plate. It is a good place, as is the whole area.

Fill your holes and re-spread the leaves. Leave it looking like it did before you got there! Don't dig in someone's yard when it is 100 degrees and dry.

Before you ask, anywhere around Cassville or Kingston is good. Anywhere between Kingston and Cassville and Adarisville is good. They fought a continual skirmish all the way from Resaca to Adairsville. They dug in for two days at Cassville and shelled each other. Then Johnston retreated over the Etowah and entrenched with an anchor on the Etowah above Coopers Furnace, on the south side of the river, to Pumpkinvine creek just south of Emerson Allatoona rd but Sherman went to Dallas. Study the books and maps, you'll find places to hunt. Ask friends and anyone who might have a friend, anyone who lives in an older home. Old Schools and parks. Around Cass Station. The Cassville fairgrounds were where the Cassville Baptist church now sits. There is a Confederate trenchline across hwy 41 from the Red Barn, just south of it. Park at the church and walk up the powerline right of way, top of the hill go right. The trenches are there. Trashy and hunted but there was a lot of artillary fire there and there have got to be shells still down the hill from the line, down the hill away from 41, toward MAc Johnson Rd., they will be deep. Polk's HQ was in a house at the bottom of that hill with the trenches.

J

Southernhunter

Sep 21, 2006
Florida
Just a little update on the dig today, Sheldius included my friend and I in a dig on a site dated officially as in the proximity of 1812 although it was a trading post far before. We had a pretty good sized group of MDrs in addition to the academics so we covered the gridded areas twice by around three pm.
As far as I know, the highlights were some musket balls, cast nails & brass bells. It was fun anyways to get together with others of similar interest & play in the dirt. ;D

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you had fun. Thanks all who attended or were interested but just couldn't make it.

All the artifacts are going to the lab Monday and we should know within a few weeks of that what period the square nails, etc. are from. Also the two buttons that were found. And of course the bell cache.

I'll let individual members post their finds so I don't steal their thunder.

HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread