What's new

Meager finds from the beach. Fresh drop silver.

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
42
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
My buddy George and I went to the beach this morning. Pretty cold early on, but I had fresh batteries in my heated socks and gloves that worked great. The 80% silver 1959 dime looks to be freshly dropped. I was able to try out for the first time my home made straight shaft setup for my Musketeer. Of the detectors I've used over the years (only four different) they've all had or have S curve shafts. Love the way the straight shaft feels to swing.
HH, Mike in NJ
 

Attachments

  • 2-7.webp
    2-7.webp
    51.5 KB · Views: 628
  • 1959 Canadian dime.webp
    1959 Canadian dime.webp
    47.2 KB · Views: 648
  • final.webp
    final.webp
    77 KB · Views: 625
Upvote 0
Good finds, that shaft looks uncomfortable to me :dontknow: I've always has the s shaped shafts. Is it easier on your arm, shoulder or back?
 
Chris&Kathy said:
Good finds, that shaft looks uncomfortable to me :dontknow: I've always has the s shaped shafts. Is it easier on your arm, shoulder or back?
Thanks. The straight shaft just has an overall nice feel to it holding it and swinging it. I also like having the option to use whichever setup I want. It's nice to hipmount it when beach hunting for hours. I saw that to buy a setup like this can be pricey. I was also going stir crazy with everything frozen and wanted a project to give me something to do to. I'm somewhat of a tinkering and like modifying my equipment if it gives me other options or makes something work better for me. I also used my homemade headphones today which were my last project made from a set of hearing protection earmuffs.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,281703.0.html
The shaft setup only cost me $12.33 total to make.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,294527.0.html
HH, Mike in NJ
 
Very awsome finds. Like they say. To each their own, if it make them happy. Right now I'm using and s shape. Who know I might like a straight shaft and I may not. Some day I may try it. Until then I deal with what I got. It's great you made it yourself and happy with it, I wish you many more great hunts with it.
:hello: :hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:
 
I always liked the straight shafts also. Nice find on the silver.....Matt
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom