Medicine Wheel in Wisconsin

katdancing

Jun 16, 2012
central wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is an ancient site called the "Medicine Wheel" in Campbellsport, Wisconsin. It is now owned by the Potawatomi Indians who purchased it from
Mr. Krug. In 1990, I was invited to tour the property along with John Boatman from the Milwaukee University. It was absolutely amazing!
Mr. Krug had arranged on a table, pottery shards, stone tools of every kind, and small petroglyphs. My words can't do it justice.

Google: Campbellsport Medicine Wheel. Then open: Sacred Sites Wisconsin-pg 67-Google Books Result

Scroll down to page 71 for more information. I was under the impression that the Potawatomi Nation were going to make it a living museum, but I
can not find any mention of that. Enjoy - Kat

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I google Campbellsport Medicine Wheel it shows this post on t-net ??

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you share any info on size and materials used in it's construction? There is an ancient Medicine Wheel in the northern part of the Big Horn Mts, just east of Lovell Wy.

MWDestCover.jpg

OP
OP
K

katdancing

Jun 16, 2012
central wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TnMountains - I have no idea why my post is on google?? Scroll down to:

- Sacred Sites Wisconsin-pg 67-google search results - Pages 71 & 72 show pic & information on Mr. Krugs property. Its about the 7th down from
were my post is. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
TnMountains - I have no idea why my post is on google?? Scroll down to:

- Sacred Sites Wisconsin-pg 67-google search results - Pages 71 & 72 show pic & information on Mr. Krugs property. Its about the 7th down from
were my post is. Sorry for any inconvenience.

katdancing, it comes up on a google search because google is a good search engine. You, or anyone, can find most anything they've posted on forums by using the right search words with google.

OP
OP
K

katdancing

Jun 16, 2012
central wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The property was approx. 20 acres in wooded terrain. The stones used seemed to be glacier till from the area. It is arranged differently than the one in Wy. The perimeter was not the medicine wheel per se. Within the WI site, there were areas were smaller medicine wheels were constructed. Also, constructed in stone, were the major constellations. The format of the constellations matched up to the equinox & soltice. There was evidence of habitation near a creek that ran thru the property. There was some excavation near the creek that show extremely charred soil.
In 1996 I was in Wy & saw the medicine wheel you spoke of. We were able to walk a mile behind the medicine wheel itself. There on the top, where fossils of trilobites etc.
Just amazing. Hope this was helpful for you. Kat

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a thought process the ancients had when studying the heavens and constellations. They knew it was powerful.Imagine having an idea about the stars back then. You get everyone in your area to agree on your idea. So how do you express this idea for others? Maybe a medicine wheel with everything lining up with important times like the winter solstice and the equinox. Either that or you are the crazy guy running around at night putting rocks in different places and as people understood more and more helped. It is beyond me that is for sure but I think to them it was their only way to leave knowledge or legacy and stone ruled the day.
Thanks for the links. T-net goes to the top of searches because of its ranking in searches number of post and hits. I admin some web sites and it is a trick to be up on top and not page 13,000. It's all about key words.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread