Megabit upload rules?

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
well, I finally was able to laod some photos yesterday...
instead of photos, they appear on my screen as attachments...that I can not open to view...

invalid attachment or I am not allowed to view is the message...

they are my photographs...why do I need to contact the administrator to view them...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give link to the post with the pictures and will look into it...

3%

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm seeing some like this

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

but they were posted yesterday afternoon

are they still doing this today ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just opened another thread on admin forum on this issue

3%

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

veraderock

Jan 31, 2012
Detector(s) used
sense of smell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a follow up to the attachment issue.. I looked into those ones that aren't showing and they just don't exist in the database. That's why they don't click through properly. This suggests that they were deleted. If they didn't upload properly you would still have a record in the database pointing to a broken file, but in this case there's no record at all.. There are many attachments with greater attachment IDs which tells me the attachments did exist at one point, but they've since been deleted. This might happen if they were added as attachments, then placed inline in the text, then removed as attachments.. Just one possible scenario.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I've always done it differently and it always works. I click "Go Advanced" at the bottom right of the page. Then I click the button that says "Manage attachments". A box pops up where I can choose what I want to add. Never a problem even when most folks were having trouble a week or so ago. Pip I have seen posts that you were using a computer at the library ? Not trying to pry into your business but how do you save pictures to a file if you're not on your own computer ? Do you upload them, post them, and then delete them before you go home or are you trying to load them directly from a phone ? I'm not technologically savvy enough to know how to do that. I only use my phone to make phone calls. Just trying to help figure out why you seem to be having so much trouble. Just for laughs try it my way and see if it helps. Here's a pic from this morning here in East Tennessee just to show that it's working fine on my end.

Attachments

• 1-20-2014.JPG
    1-20-2014.JPG
    294.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pictures are stored on 2 different servers your member number decides where yours is stored which is why some people can post with no problems and others can't because they are on different servers...

3%

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread