chuckie

Nov 12, 2012
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Garret Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen many CRHers wonder what a certain type of coin is worth. From a melt (not numismatic) perspective, here's a very good Web site that may be helpful:

Current Melt Value Of Coins - How Much Is Your Coin Worth?

There are melt values for all modern US coins and some foreign coins. Keep in mind that the melt value isn't what a buyer will give you for two reasons: 1) these melt values are very comprehensive - they include the less valuable metals (zinc, nickel, etc.) in the value and a buyer is only interested in the precious metal content; and, 2) there are buy-sell spreads on prices that give the buyer profit. But, the melt values give you a pretty good idea of what coin is worth.

The also have some helpful links to other sites you may be interested in.

Hope this helps you.

Chuckie

Upvote 0

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Chuckie!! i didnt realize there were websites out there like this one!!! That is an awesome website that not only myself but every other member of this community uses also, plus many other websites which include the same information. Thanks for being soooooo helpful but also realize you are late to the party and most of everyone on this site knows of Coinflation.com already. a simple search with the search function would let you know this. silly n00bs what shall we do with the helpful ones??
*sarcasm off*
Yes Im poking fun in jest.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread