What's new

Melting

ironman

Full Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
186
Reaction score
75
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Woodlands,Texas
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know of the best way to melt silver to make bars or inguts
 
lots of stuff on the web for making foundries with easily found items: search google for "coffee can foundry"

it will be cheaper and easier (but far less fun) to locate someone who already has a foundry for this purpose. Check at your local community college or with a silversmith or custom jeweler.
 
I think Ronco is coming out with a small foundry, "you just set it, and forget it" :tongue3:
 
spartacus53 said:
I think Ronco is coming out with a small foundry, "you just set it, and forget it" :tongue3:

LMAO $19.95 right.
 
I think Ronco is coming out with a small foundry, "you just set it, and forget it" :tongue3:

Ronco has a funeral-type foundary asurred to melt silver and gold fillings...in with the ashes...
picknose.gif
 
Now for the important question. Why on earth would you want to melt down coins and jewelry of known composition into a bar that is no longer a known quality to a future buyer?
 
Jason in Enid said:
Now for the important question. Why on earth would you want to melt down coins and jewelry of known composition into a bar that is no longer a known quality to a future buyer?

Well I was asking about this b4 I totally realized what you just asked after talking with a coin dealer I don't want to do that but if I happens to find some scrap or such it might b fun to play with
 
What I mean is i asked about melting b4 I talked with a coin dealer and he schooled me lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom