What's new

Mem. cent stops a bullet

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2009
Messages
2,217
Reaction score
528
Golden Thread
0
Location
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sunday mornings hunt at a school yard gave me another unusual find. A mem. cent that was shot and stopped the bullet,
I wonder if it was a show and tell piece? If it was I got to do it again. $3.21 clad, 5 Wheaties and some kids jewelry.

DSCN0286.webp
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0287.webp
    DSCN0287.webp
    34 KB · Views: 222
  • DSCN0288.webp
    DSCN0288.webp
    35.7 KB · Views: 212
nice finds richard, save some for me, mark.
 
Hey Rich,
At the spot where I got my '57 seated dime and '02 Barber sime early on this year, I've found two wheaties with .22 shorts plugged into them. Mayo and I each got one at the nest this year also if I remember right.

Them Lincolns, they get no respect....
 
Wow Rich, that "plugged" cent is cool. . . too bad it wasn't a nickel :D
 
Yeah, I've found a couple of lincolns like that... I wonder if it is some sort of trick shot or something. Anyway, I am assuming we find pennies shot because people are cheap and not because Lincoln was assassinated...Otherwise we'd find shot up Halves too (and perhaps certain presidential dollars... I'd want a plugged McKinley)
 
Interesting find! I was out earlier this year with someone who found a barber quarter that had been shot.
 
Welcome to club ( have some ) Yours is on small cent , so is rare . Congr!!!!!
 
Interesting find, especially with the bullet fused to the cent. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I remember putting pennies on the end of the .22 barrel & firing when I was young & stupid out in the southern IL sticks. Never did locate any of the pennies.
 
Pretty cool. 8) Still has the bullet stuck to it. :thumbsup:
 
Here's the one I found this year
it's a 1920 S
 

Attachments

  • 1920s-1887.webp
    1920s-1887.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 144

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom