What's new

Memorial day weekend cannonball!

Gi_Jungle

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2012
Messages
61
Reaction score
58
Golden Thread
0
Location
Glenville,NY
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites Spectrum XLT, Pro Pointer
So after a pretty iffy morning at some cellar holes north of Salem NY we decided to leave that location. On the way back to my residence I called a Co worker to detect his property where he found two pristine buffalo nickles. Well the yard was littered with iron wasn't finding much when I hit a decent consistent signal. Boom out pops a 1913 barber dime, my first. So I thought well there we go makes up for the morning hunt. Not 5 ft away and ten minutes later I hit a nice consistent target that didn't look great but was a very diggable consistent. Bam a cannonball, weighs in at a smidgen under 9 lbs haven't thrown a caliper or micrometer over it yet.
 

Attachments

  • 1432418545431.webp
    1432418545431.webp
    21 KB · Views: 125
  • 1432418579197.webp
    1432418579197.webp
    125.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 1432418611650.webp
    1432418611650.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 24
Found just north of Saratoga battlefield, bergoynes surrender and very close to general Schuylers house and headquarters
 
Nice Barber, and the cannon ball is sweet! I gather from the pics, It's a solid shot, not fused?
 
Solid shot, 4 inch Dia 9 lb
 
Nice going on the cannon ball, and silver.
 
Thats an awesome find GI!! Wish I could've been there when you dug it up. WTG!!
 
Nice find man! Congrats!
 
Awesome cannon ball recovery, congratulations.
 
That silver is nice but the cannonball is the prize ! :occasion14:
 
Hope to find one of those big iron spheres myself someday! Well done!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom