Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nothing like being reminded of days gone by. Driving down the lonesome highway, just cruising along when I noticed the black muscle car way behind me. As it quickly caught up to me, I was reminded of being on Highway 107 near Little Rock Air Force Base in 1977 when a 69 GTO suddenly came into view and on my butt. I couldn't help but see those letters, GTO on the grill, it screamed muscle car. Then with a roar, the Goat was around me and leaving me behind.

Muscle cars were and are just crazy wonderful. Just to walk by one as it idled, the lope of the engine let you know that untold power was within. Mustangs and such just had that mean look as you met them or they came up from behind. Yeah, those were awesome years back then for numbers of muscle cars on the roads. I worked at Brodix for 18 years, machining aluminum racing heads for racers all over the world. Got to see a lot of high performance cars back then. Love seeing these old cars come back to life. Yes, it was a 69 GTO but it could have been SS on the grill and I still would have been thrilled. Big smile.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had a 68 Impala SS. 327 4 speed all hopped up with carbs, headers, the works. It was a real sleeper and I won a lot of street races. The big block Chevys & big Hemi's were hard to beat. I don't think I ever lost to a Ford. Got married, had some kids, bought a 4 door & that was it! Good memories.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a Pontiac freak so I really enjoyed your story. Right now I have 3, a 39 series 28 sedan and a 50 Silver Streak fastback. Both are projects and I work on them as much as I can. My third one is a GTO. It's a 67 convertible with a 400 and automatic transmission. I drive it at least once a week.

Attachments

• 20170408_142000.jpg
    20170408_142000.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 39
  • new tires 4aa.jpg
    new tires 4aa.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 42
  • 67 3.jpg
    67 3.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
While I had owned several Mustangs, the first year and a 66, they were gutless 6 bangers and very basic inside. However, I owned for a year or so, an awesome white 68 Fastback with a high performance 289. the interior was black and so much more plush. This thing would get up and go (the guy that I bought it off of had 3 tickets on base in the first week or so). This guy had bought all new from the factory extras, hood, trunk lid, fenders, trim and more other stuff. I was married and now with a kid and sold it all to my brother with the stipulation of buying it back when he tired of it. But, my brother got in a bind and traded it with a guy for a stupid little Ford truck with a 4 banger in it. I could have killed him. That 68 Fastback was a dream car for me and I still would love to have one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions