What's new

✅ SOLVED Memory fading so thought I would post this again

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
6,256
Reaction score
5,322
Golden Thread
2
Location
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have tried to find the original post where I dug this little pin. It feels like possibly steel but also looks a little brassy too. It’s about quarter sized and not made out of cheap grade material, it feels more substantial. I thought someone said possibly an Imperial period hat pin but from what country?

669E1899-5754-40CF-901D-CD2D5828045F.webp


B2C2252F-BEAC-4A24-8F0C-088DA7B2EEEA.webp
 
Russian pin... ? ? ?

Hey coily long time no see. hope all is well.

s-sgfsdgdgdl300.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeahhhh I dunno? Someone else on another site said possibly a Masonic pin? I’m doing well and hope you are too.
 
Upvote 0
I would have thought Germanic but what the heck do I know. Does look imperial period though.
 
Upvote 0
There red so many variations of two headed eagle pins but no exact matches. I’ve searched Russian,German,and even Masonic I wish I could find the original thread where I asked before. Wondering is still fun though,thanks.
 
Upvote 0
I would have thought Germanic but what the heck do I know. Does look imperial period though.
There definitely is an I in the center smack dab below the eagle heads, hard to tell from my picture though.
 
Upvote 0
Yours IMO must be a "family crest"... nothing out there readily available.

Lots of similar... but no cigar so far.
 
Upvote 0
until I enlarged it, I thought the thing on the bottom was the pi symbol

Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 7.42.24 PM.webp
 
Upvote 0
Yes it does look like the pi symbol.
 
Upvote 0
It’s definitely silver. I had resisted cleaning it until now.

5F90F02C-22B7-4504-B19F-FD05FA493990.webp
 
Upvote 0
It’s a Yugoslav military cap badge, like this one:

Yugoslav.webp

The ‘pi’-like character ‘П’ is the slavic equivalent for our letter ‘P’ and, together with the ‘II’ below it, is for King Peter II (reigned from 1934 until 1945). This gives a better view of the royal monogram used during his reign:

Peter II.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
***ARC high fives Redcoat... As Redcoat fakes returning the high five***

:)

I actually can see its not a castle now that Coily cleaned it.
 
Upvote 0
AA++ for for effort effort, AARC! lol
 
Upvote 0
***ARC high fives Redcoat... As Redcoat fakes returning the high five***

:)

I actually can see its not a castle now that Coily cleaned it.

High five to you anyway for all your efforts.

I come from an area of the UK where we joke there are two million people, but only four surnames. The customary congratulation is therefore usually a 'high six'.
 
Upvote 0
great ID Redcoat, what are the backward C about
was trying to find alphas for serbia,as i found a similar
2 head eagle & crown found this & this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavic_alphabet
https://images.app.goo.gl/QDvJZXz9HuGhyajVA

The Kingdom of Yugoslavia was previously called the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes so its coat of arms includes heraldic charges from the Serbian coat of arms. Originally that was a cross with a ‘firesteel’ in each quarter, like this:

Serbia.webp

Firesteels were curved pieces of iron used with a flint striker to produce a spark. Although they were originally depicted as that emblem they are sometimes morphed into stylised ‘C’ letters. A later popular tradition (incorrectly) attributes them as four Cyrillic ‘C’ letters standing for the motto “Само Cлога Србина Cпасава” (Only Unity Saves the Serbs).
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
High five to you anyway for all your efforts.

I come from an area of the UK where we joke there are two million people, but only four surnames. The customary congratulation is therefore usually a 'high six'.

I like 6 better :)

So high six !!! errr.... wait.... um... "high five" is for "high five fingers" is it not ? ? ?

So does this mean you limey's have six fingers ? ? ?

Sheesh !... you know what this means don't you ? ? ?

The evolutionary scale has now been bent and the Brits did it first. :P
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom