What's new

Merc #5 for the year

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Had the flu last couple days, so my day off it was all I could do to pick up my 4 dime boxes and head back home. I also grabbed $50 in rolled halves at my adjoining bank.
2 boxes produced nothing. Weird that I pulled 3 '59 roosies. ffd
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0658 [640x480].webp
    IMG_0658 [640x480].webp
    49.1 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_0659 [640x480].webp
    IMG_0659 [640x480].webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_0660 [640x480].webp
    IMG_0660 [640x480].webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0661 [640x480].webp
    IMG_0661 [640x480].webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 283
Upvote 0
Nice score on the Merc......getting harder and harder to find. Great job! :thumbsup:
 
nice, i hardly ever find mercs
 
Great dimes score. The Mercs looks to be in pretty good shape with separation on the ropes visible.

Golden Silver
 
I wish I could find a few more Mercs...

In the last month+ I've sorted 22 CWI boxes and three $500.00 bags (from a bank coin counter)...total of 28 equivalent boxes. I've found only 1 Merc (a 1934). Also found 1 Canadian Ag dime (a 1961) and 47 silver Roosies from these 28 equivalent boxes. I am averaging approximately 1.7 silver dimes per equivalent box.

Jeff
 
cecropia_moth said:
I wish I could find a few more Mercs...

In the last month+ I've sorted 22 CWI boxes and three $500.00 bags (from a bank coin counter)...total of 28 equivalent boxes. I've found only 1 Merc (a 1934). Also found 1 Canadian Ag dime (a 1961) and 47 silver Roosies from these 28 equivalent boxes. I am averaging approximately 1.7 silver dimes per equivalent box.

Jeff
Jeff, I have searched roughly 37 CWI boxes this year with an average of just under 2 silver per box. One merc every 7.5 boxes, and one silver canadian (pre '68) every 3.5 boxes. ffd
 
Nice finds!
Glad you're feeling better ffd.
 
Fistfulladirt said:
cecropia_moth said:
I wish I could find a few more Mercs...

In the last month+ I've sorted 22 CWI boxes and three $500.00 bags (from a bank coin counter)...total of 28 equivalent boxes. I've found only 1 Merc (a 1934). Also found 1 Canadian Ag dime (a 1961) and 47 silver Roosies from these 28 equivalent boxes. I am averaging approximately 1.7 silver dimes per equivalent box.

Jeff
Jeff, I have searched roughly 37 CWI boxes this year with an average of just under 2 silver per box. One merc every 7.5 boxes, and one silver canadian (pre '68) every 3.5 boxes. ffd

ffd -

You must live near the Canadian border to find so many Canadian Ag dimes. Detroit area??? The Canadian silvers are nice to find...lighter than US and only 80%, but they provide a little variety. I'm in SE Wisconsin so I see some Canadian coin around here, but probably far less than you. If you are from around Detroit, it's possible that city's struggling economy might be helping your dime average. I'm due for a run of mercs...

Jeff
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom