What's new

Metal Christmas Tree

Drache

Full Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2009
Messages
232
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Likely, BC Canada
Ok so it's NOT a metal christmas tree... I think but WHAT IS IT?

Cast metal and magnetic.

Something to do with logging or mining (which there is lots of here)? There were dozens of them.

Likely Guy can fill in a few more facts and answer more questions. Size comparison is a quarter!
 

Attachments

  • DSCF3049.webp
    DSCF3049.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 480
  • DSCF3050.webp
    DSCF3050.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 490
  • DSCF3051.webp
    DSCF3051.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 496
IronSpike said:
No one buying the split gauge log grading tool idea?

Some lumber ruler tips have taps for measuring the thickness of lumber. A log grader could have interest in knowing measurements of splits when grading.

Only other guess I have would be as in thread title: Christmas tree metal stand bracket holder.

When they were found there were dozens of them (not a dozen as Drache first said) so I tend to lean away from it being a tool for an individual. Thanks all for looking and everyone's comments.
 
Upvote 0
Well...my two cents worth...

If there were dozens of them and they're cheap metal...I'd have to say they were something you'd probably use once and consider it gone. I was reading something about disposable tools in the old timbering industry.

Maybe these were used to drag logs...drive a couple in, hook your rope or cable...off you go. Then a quick disconnect, leaving them in so you could get the next batch of logs.

Or...if in mining...maybe driven into a seam so you could string your lights.

Just a couple guesses.

Al
 
Upvote 0
deepskyal said:
Well...my two cents worth...

If there were dozens of them and they're cheap metal...I'd have to say they were something you'd probably use once and consider it gone. I was reading something about disposable tools in the old timbering industry.

Maybe these were used to drag logs...drive a couple in, hook your rope or cable...off you go. Then a quick disconnect, leaving them in so you could get the next batch of logs.

Or...if in mining...maybe driven into a seam so you could string your lights.

Just a couple guesses.

Al

I don't think they are use once and leave sort of deal. Most likely if there are dozens I would think that are an item that would need to be replaced often because of breaking or wearing out, OR because whatever they were used one needed ALLOT of them.

I believe they were used on some sort of wheel or belt or something that would catch trees and drag them.

They are too thick to actually be sunk INTO a tree and if you did I doubt you'd get them out again.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom